• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Tea Party

Don Quijote

imported post

I also had heard about this and was considering going. Is the Capitol steps considered part of the gun free zone? I know that the new state preemption law should forbid this, but a demonstration seems like a poor time to prove it.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Don Quijote wrote:
I also had heard about this and was considering going. Is the Capitol steps considered part of the gun free zone? I know that the new state preemption law should forbid this, but a demonstration seems like a poor time to prove it.
i'm not a lawyer etc...

but

that executive order that banned carry of firearms in the "capitol mall" district has since expired and I can't find anything saying Gov. Otter renewed it. Do an EO search on the governor's page to see for yourself.

thus carry should be legal.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

idahomilitia wrote:
Do open carriers plan to make themselves known at the Tea Party in Boise on April 15th? I hope I'm not the only one there.
Wear shoe black and a ballcap so you don't get inputted into a facial scan computer.

Don Quijote

imported post

Thanks IdahoCorsair. After I posted I was able to find that also, but it is always nice to hear someone else came to the same conclusion.

I plan to be there barring any extenuating circumstances.

Don Quijote

imported post

I was very pleased with the turnout at the party, but did not see anyone else open carrying. Of course, it was difficult to look through the crowd. I did have a very nice conversation with one of the participants, and I think he learned a lot about Idaho's gun laws. That alone was worth the time. How did the rest of you fair?