• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTT Ruger P97DC for LCP

usdm419

imported post

Just putting this out there....but I'd like to trade my Ruger P97DC (.45) for a Ruger LCP. Right now the P97 is my only gun and I can't fit another in the budget till later this year, maybe early next year. As of right now, my wife is TERRIFIED of shooting this gun. I would like to get a smaller gun so that she could feel more comfortable using it should she have to.
P97DC comes with one 8 round magazine (has 8+1 capacity), and a brand new Fobus paddle holster (great for OPEN CARRY!!!!):p

LCP must be post-recall or recall serviced.

Looks just like this:
ruger_p97dc.jpg

usdm419

imported post

I'm trying to avoid that. The Ruger LCP is what I really want and they are out of stock everywhere. My only option is to trade for one.

GWbiker

imported post

usdm419 wrote:
I'm trying to avoid that. The Ruger LCP is what I really want and they are out of stock everywhere. My only option is to trade for one.
You also mentioned Bersa.

Several weeks ago, Murphy's Gun shop in Tucson received an early model Bersa (Italy) .380 trade in. If you get down this way, you might want to check it out, but call first to see if they still have it.

usdm419

imported post

Thanks for the heads-up...I probably won't make it out there though. My #1want is the LCP. They sell Bersa .380's just about everywhere. If it comes down to it I will just sell the P97 outright. For now I'll keep shopping it around in hopes of scoring a LCP.