• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concord, NH Double Pistol Open Carry Litter Clean Up

doobie

imported post

Near the end of December we had some unseasonable warm weather so while I was in concord I walked around while open carrying. I was walking and had three cruisers pull up behind me and I was detained for a while for 'open carrying two pistols.' I had planned to schedule an open carry litter clean up in Concord due to this, and low and behold, I got detained again on Saturday night. This time I was told "You aren't doing anything wrong, but you aren't free to go until we determine who you are."

So I'm organizing an open carry litter clean up and I'll be double open carrying. So come on down! Especially if you've never seen anyone open carry a S&W500 with a 8 3/8" barrel!

I'll start around the capitol building around 1pm, go down/up rt. 3, then walk down Loudon Rd.

Come by even if you only have one pistol or none! Anyone with a vid camera?

PS: No, I will not share the wealth by distributing one of my pistols to someone else.

PPS: Media (Concord Monitor) have been informed. Hopefully they will show up.

Sunday March 22nd at 1pm starting at the State House.

xylyx3d

imported post

what does one need to bring to pick up trash? I don't have one of those poking sticks.

don't know if i can make it but good luck. hopefully the cops get the message.

doobie

imported post

Yourself and a pistol is the most important. Gloves and trash bags. I'll try to have some spares.

CmdrFenix

imported post

Just want to thank Doobie for getting this going. This was my first OC event and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Afterward a few of us got burritos at a local restaurant, we OC'd... Another patron noticed my 1911 and said, "Pssssh... hey he's packing..." It was a lot of fun.

I have to admitt that the people who stopped and honked and showed support really changed alot of my mind set about OC. As a matter of fact, I had to gas my car up on the way home and I OC'd at the local Mobil. Again, for me... a first. I don't know if I'll OC alot more, but I definitely won't be as nervous about it.

I just noticed my NES account isn't activated yet, so I can't post the pics yet, but I will. Thanks again for a great afternoon!

-Jon

http://www.cmdrfenix.org