• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New update on Kroger's carry policy

Spectre

imported post

I carry in Kroger all the time, and since I also have a Ukrop's on the other side of the same shopping center I OC in there too. I have been going to that shopping center for the past 23 years since it's across the street from my home so the folks thee have gotten fairly used to my family.

kenny

imported post

Since the OP has started a separate thread on this subject from weeks ago. I thought that I would once again share my conversations that I had with Kroger at that time. I contacted the regional office in Roanoke through a friend who works for Kroger. They put me in contact with someone in Ohio in their home office. I took this away from the conversation, Kroger has no policy one way or the other regarding the carrying of any handgun. They follow whatever the local laws are.

I think we know from all the posts what the policy is.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kenny wrote:
Since the OP has started a separate thread on this subject from weeks ago. I thought that I would once again share my conversations that I had with Kroger at that time. I contacted the regional office in Roanoke through a friend who works for Kroger. They put me in contact with someone in Ohio in their home office. I took this away from the conversation, Kroger has no policy one way or the other regarding the carrying of any handgun. They follow whatever the local laws are.

I think we know from all the posts what the policy is.
Don't ask - don't tell - carry on.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Riana wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Actually I do have a trailer but I reserve it for bulk ammo purchases.

Yata hey
So you're the one buying up all the ammo... :lol:
No, no. Its reserved for bulk ammo purchases but sits idle now.

Got enough hardball and FMJ buried in the south forty to hold back the zombies before the prices blew through the ceiling.

And what little good HP and specialty stuff I do find should be in velvet lined boxes. :(

BTW - what I have heard through the grapevine is that government sources are buying up huge lots of commercial ammo. Question is why (if true) - to drive up the cost to the average citizen and/or to keep it from us? New tactic of O_bamanation?

Yata hey

acrimsontide

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Riana wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Got enough hardball and FMJ buried in the south forty to hold back the zombies before the prices blew through the ceiling.

And what little good HP and specialty stuff I do find should be in velvet lined boxes. :(

BTW - what I have heard through the grapevine is that government sources are buying up huge lots of commercial ammo. Question is why (if true) - to drive up the cost to the average citizen and/or to keep it from us? New tactic of O_bamanation?

Yata hey

The next step could be an "executive order" banning import ammo. No need for gun control if the ammo is eliminated.

Back to topic, so far I have not seen any no gun signs at Kroger here in Alabama. Of course OC is frowned upon here so Kroger employees would not see concealed weapons

essayons

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Riana wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Yata hey

Well they've already eliminated a major source of affordable factory reloaded ammunition... at a cost to the taxpayers.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
Since my previous thread got out of control and was locked (seems to happen all the time around here :D), I thought I would give an update to the whole Kroger carry situation. I got around to calling corporate, and the representative said that Kroger has a nationwide policy that does not allow carry of any kind (concealed OR open)...
Who did you speak with??

As others have said, Kroger put a no carry policy into effect (in OHIO) when we got legal CCW, and when nationwide calls/e-mails melted down their phone/computer system, they reversed course.

I would be VERY interested to know who told you this, because I live in Kroger's hometown, and because I know people who know people at Kroger.