• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HR 45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

denthack

imported post

[url]http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:1:./temp/~c111k6uSJg:e6813[/url]

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under
the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45
or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of
2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a
clip or ANY pistol unless:

*It is registered

*You are fingerprinted

*You supply a current Driver's License

*You supply your Social Security #

*You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their
choosing

*Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must
be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the
right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

*There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a
child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child
under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your
gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable
for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of
many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more
people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in
your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630
a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell
all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we
all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting
associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and
disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a
little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone
realizes it. (Did Obama promise transparency? It seems his motives are
more and more transparent while his methods are hidden in back rooms.)

denthack

imported post

Well no I do not have to time to "keep up" nearly as much as i would like. In a quick search I didn't see any topics on this bill. Was this already defeated?

Sorry if i double posted this. I realize the bill was introduced early Janurary but have not done any research of it's current status.

TheMrMitch

imported post

denthack wrote:
Well no I do not have to time to "keep up" nearly as much as i would like. In a quick search I didn't see any topics on this bill. Was this already defeated?

Sorry if i double posted this. I realize the bill was introduced early Janurary but have not done any research of it's current status.
Don't worry about it. The DIMS do NOT want this at this time. AFTER 2010.....we'll see.:dude:

KS_to_CA

imported post

This is the Blair HoltRight to SpeechLicensing & Record ofInternet UseAct of 2009.

The right to exercise free speech and by extension, the use of internet, shall be legal only if:

*The individual is duly registered

*The individual isfingerprinted

*The individual supplies a current Driver's License

*The individual suppliesa Social Security #

*The individualwill submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

*Each new language learnedthrough private or publicschool must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right tospeak and use the internet and are subject up to a year in jail.

*There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Speakers speaking of topicsnot previously approvedmust be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

*They would have the right to come and inspect that you arespeaking onlywords safe to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

KBCraig

imported post

denthack wrote:
I'm not trying to be overly snarky, but the fact that you "didn't see any topics on this bill" says you didn't search for it at all, because there have been multiple threads here on OCDO, and in on every other gun-related forum on the internet.

If you check thomas.loc.gov for the status of this bill, you'll see that it doesn't have a single co-sponsor. It is dead, rotten, and stinking, a sacrificial lamb to those who would test our resolve.

I don't mean this disparagingly, but if you're someone who only checks email every couple of weeks, you really owe it to yourself and your credibility to do some research before forwarding every WARNING! IMPORTANT! SEND TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!@!! that lands in your inbox.

http://www.google.com
http://www.snopes.com

chiefjason

imported post

It's still listed as "in committee" on Govtrack. Write all your reps in opposition. Find anyone on the committee from your state and get one to them too. Hopefully it dies in committee. And yeah, it's made it's rounds on the various boards.

TFred

imported post

This bill was introduced in 2007 by the same quacky congressman from Illinois. It died then, it will die now. It's a distraction from real issues.

Seems to me it would be much more important to contact your congress person and express great displeasure with the new requirement from the DoD to destroy all once fired military brass, which is causing a serious shortage of ammunition on the civilian market.

TFred

shad0wfax

imported post

Chicago, IL (where Blair Holt was killed) already outlawed handguns and had the same style of permitting requirements to own firearms as H.R. 45 would impose on all of us. Chicago's municipal laws didn't save Blair Holt's life and didn't prevent his killer from getting the handgun illegally. What makes legislators think legislation like this will work at the national level?