Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: CA UOC LDF fundraising challenge!

  1. #1
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=163216



    There is a jury trial coming so lets help Theseus and get that war chest built! Please show your support!


    Support UOC? A simple challenge





    There has been a bit of grief on this forum from those that support UOC right now and those of us counseling that it is premature to do it too often on one's own at this time.

    Here is my challenge. One of the UOC communities' own is about to face a jury trial for supposedly violating the school zone restriction. CGF has signed up to facilitate donations earmarked to Theseus for use in his defense. I also happen to know that donations through CGF to Theseus's defense have been pretty anemic.

    I want those of you who support UOC at this time to post in this thread if you've donated $20 or more.

    If you haven't donated I want to know why you are willing to UOC at this time, place other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation, but yet aren't willing or able to donate $20 or more to make sure that Theseus' case doesn't become more bad precedent in the courts for everyone.

    You can donate here. Paypal at that link automatically marks the donation (via Paypal or Credit Card) as for Theseus. If you choose to instead mail a check/billpay/postal money order to the address, just put a note on it or in the envelope that it is for Theseus' defense.

    -Gene


    __________________
    Gene Hoffman
    Chairman, The Calguns Foundation
    DONATE NOW
    to support the rights of California gun owners.
    Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.


    "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
    Ultima Ratio Liberarum

  2. #2
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    btt



    artwork by oleg volk:

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pagosa Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    105

    Post imported post

    By the way, Cato.... I don't think I've seen anywhere - it's possible I just missed it.... when IS Theseus' trial? I'd like to keep my eye on the news outlets to see if anybody prints anything. And do you know if it's open to the public and if anybody is being allowed to show up and support him?

    Just wondering, obviously I'm a little far a way to be there, but hey, if it's going to be a couple of months down the road before his trial, I may actually be in Cali by then.


    P.S. Just sent a modest donation, I'm sorry it couldn't be more. If work picks up again and I get a couple of jobs to drywall, I'll be sure to send whatever I can.

    P.S.S. In regards to Mr. Hoffman's request that people post if they've donated more than 20 dollars - (I take it this has something to do with seeing how much support UOC has within its own community?) -yes, my donation was more than twenty bucks.


  4. #4
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    405

    Post imported post

    If you haven't donated I want to know why you are willing to UOC at this time, place other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation, but yet aren't willing or able to donate $20 or more to make sure that Theseus' case doesn't become more bad precedent in the courts for everyone.
    Gene, since you ask:
    I am willing to UOC at this time because I disagree with your risk/benefit assessment of UOC.
    I have donated to Theseus' defense fund because the successful defense of his case benefits us all.
    Oh, and by the way, every step CGF takes puts "other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation", because it won't always go the way you hope.





  5. #5
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    I just sent a donation of $25. I know it's not a lot, but it's all I can spare at this time.

    Best of luck to you Theseus. If possible, maybe he could post a date/time/location so a few of us could make an appearance in support.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  6. #6
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638

    Post imported post

    If it was me having to defend myself, I know I would be putting out a lot more money. I donated $100. I hope Theseus gets a favorable outcome.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Humboldt County, California, USA
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    I donated a little more than $20 a few days ago. (Not posted in the CalGuns thread 'cause I can't remember my login there.)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Peninsula, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    flintlock tom wrote:
    If you haven't donated I want to know why you are willing to UOC at this time, place other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation, but yet aren't willing or able to donate $20 or more to make sure that Theseus' case doesn't become more bad precedent in the courts for everyone.
    Gene, since you ask:
    I am willing to UOC at this time because I disagree with your risk/benefit assessment of UOC.
    I have donated to Theseus' defense fund because the successful defense of his case benefits us all.
    Oh, and by the way, every step CGF takes puts "other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation", because it won't always go the way you hope.



    CGF makes moves that have a very low risk of bad legislation and we don't rely upon hope to stop bad legislation from occuring. UOC requires quite a lot of hope.

    You'll note that CGN and CGF's moves have actually created good legislation. UOC?

    -Gene

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sebastopol, California, USA
    Posts
    710

    Post imported post

    hoffmang wrote:
    flintlock tom wrote:
    If you haven't donated I want to know why you are willing to UOC at this time, place other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation, but yet aren't willing or able to donate $20 or more to make sure that Theseus' case doesn't become more bad precedent in the courts for everyone.
    Gene, since you ask:
    I am willing to UOC at this time because I disagree with your risk/benefit assessment of UOC.
    I have donated to Theseus' defense fund because the successful defense of his case benefits us all.
    Oh, and by the way, every step CGF takes puts "other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation", because it won't always go the way you hope.



    CGF makes moves that have a very low risk of bad legislation and we don't rely upon hope to stop bad legislation from occuring. UOC requires quite a lot of hope.

    You'll note that CGN and CGF's moves have actually created good legislation. UOC?

    -Gene
    We're all on the same side. Please please play nice.



  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Peninsula, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    MudCamper wrote:
    We're all on the same side. Please please play nice.

    Mud,

    I fully realize that we're on the same side, but It's not clear to me that Flintlock Tom is on either of our sides.

    -Gene

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    hoffmang wrote:
    flintlock tom wrote:
    If you haven't donated I want to know why you are willing to UOC at this time, place other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation, but yet aren't willing or able to donate $20 or more to make sure that Theseus' case doesn't become more bad precedent in the courts for everyone.
    Gene, since you ask:
    I am willing to UOC at this time because I disagree with your risk/benefit assessment of UOC.
    I have donated to Theseus' defense fund because the successful defense of his case benefits us all.
    Oh, and by the way, every step CGF takes puts "other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation", because it won't always go the way you hope.



    CGF makes moves that have a very low risk of bad legislation and we don't rely upon hope to stop bad legislation from occuring. UOC requires quite a lot of hope.

    You'll note that CGN and CGF's moves have actually created good legislation. UOC?

    -Gene
    Hey fellow OCers, there are definitely two sides to this issue and each side requires a lot of thought and preparation.

    I know that the OC movement has been good for getting the word out to gun owners and enthusiasts everywhere but seriously, we are still very much in enemy territory. Gene is right about all of the legal proceedings that are happening and there is a master plan with a great deal more finesse in play. OCing, on the other hand, is beneficial but still in a brute force stage. There is no OC fund here in California and the OC movement isn't really state-specific. We need to look to the interests of Californians, by Californians in order for our rights to get put back together. The interest of and by Californians can be seen in that of the CGF on CGN.

    Do not take this as me tryng to get you guys down or anything, as we have not yet even begun to fight, so to speak. The OC movement has been really good in my eyes, especially in San Diego (not to be conceited or anything ). BUT, without good case law, which is the direct goal of CGN and CGF, we can really go nowhere.

    Don't let the bad guys get the upper hand. Let's get Theseus off the hook and we will all work towards getting our rights back.

    United we stand, divided we fail. GIVE THEM NOTHING!

    CARRY ON!

    -N8

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Sorry, dupe post.

  13. #13
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    405

    Post imported post

    hoffmang wrote:
    MudCamper wrote:
    We're all on the same side. Please please play nice.

    Mud,

    I fully realize that we're on the same side, but It's not clear to me that Flintlock Tom is on either of our sides.

    -Gene

    flintlock tom wrote:
    Demnogis,
    It is not just about the money. The folks at CalGuns.net have a philosophical and strategic objection to what we are doing. Check out their postings over there and behold the contempt in which they hold us and the vehemence with which they express it.
    If it were just about the money they would have simply said "the focus of our efforts at this time is limited to cases which, in our view, will have the greatest effect on legislative reform."
    And just because they are not supporting our efforts, does not mean we cannot support theirs. I sent a donation to support the case for Theseus and again when the D.C. lawsuit was filed.
    Gene,
    If it's truly not clear to you then you're just not paying attention, or you're being intentionally insulting.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Peninsula, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    flintlock tom wrote:
    Gene,
    If it's truly not clear to you then you're just not paying attention, or you're being intentionally insulting.
    flintlock tom wrote
    Oh, and by the way, every step CGF takes puts "other pro-gunners at risk of bad legislation", because it won't always go the way you hope.
    Tom,

    What looks clear to me that you are close minded and want the strategy to be your way or no way. This thread is not my only evidence of that.

    Can you explain to me what CGF has done that has put other pro-gunners at the risk of bad legislation? Don't forget that the Attorney General has told the BoF that it will not be supporting new legislation.

    Do you think the image that we want the non gun owners to have of pro gunners should be angry and impulsive or calm and cool?

    -Gene

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    I think in this case Gene you might be a slight bit off.

    I have seen nothing in Flint's comments that dictates he is enemy to either cause. If Flints comments suggest he is not supportive of either than it seems to me as if you would be saying that the goals of OCDO and CalGuns are in disagreement with each other.

    I believe from even the briefest of conversations with you this is not to be the case. Let's not try and make it a CalGuns vs OCDO fight. . . Although OCDO may want XX change now, it doesn't mean that we don't appreciate the help of CalGuns.

    We do however dislike the treatment that some select people give us and I believe that is what Flint was talking about.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Peninsula, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    I am a bit off. I reviewed a thread where I had remembered Tom handling something differently and it was my memory, not Tom's posts, that were incorrect. My apologies Tom.

    However, I do want to not back away from my point that CGF works very hard to make sure the cases and challenges we bring, as well as the lines we push are likely to either not create legislation, or create good legislation.

    We also don't ask folks to take risks we will not back. That's one thing that troubles me about open carry.

    -Gene

  17. #17
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    btt

  18. #18
    Regular Member stuckinchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stevenson, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    506

    Post imported post

    Honestly I support legally carrying a firearm. It doesn't make a difference to me as long as it is done legally. Im Against illegally carrying. Criminals comes to mind. I dont really like eating pavement, But as long as it is the only way that i can legally carry So be it. I will continue to support anyway I can to the public.

    Honestly I wish that the people on Calgun that run their soup coolers against open carry. would step out and actually do it. Then they have the right to run there mouth. OC IS NOT EASY!!! I had an officer injure my arm during a take down. ANY ONE WITH A CCW can you say that? I complied!!!

    I have a good feeling that I know ow Susan B Anthony must have felt

  19. #19
    Regular Member stuckinchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stevenson, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    506

    Post imported post

    My apoligizes to those who read my unedited version SOmetime my MArine corps programmed brain takes over

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    20

    Post imported post

    Donated $20

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    Case Update: October 2nd.

  22. #22
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    E-gads man!

    I wonder just how long this will drag on. Even so- I am sending more $ shortly.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  23. #23
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Donated $25, wish it could've been more.

    Theseus, with the way OC is getting all kinds of media attention right now,it may be a good idea to delay longer if possible. As the country gets re-educated on this rightand people aren't freaked out about it, it may help your cause. Just a thought.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    Without discussing my case, the benefit of delay is almost always to the defense.

    The delay is for many reasons, one being that I am not my lawyers only client.

  25. #25
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638

    Post imported post

    Matched my last donation...Keep your chin up Theseus!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •