• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR-15 pistol open carry

doobie

imported post

As the title/desc says, has anyone open carried an AR-15 pistol? Any additional harassment/issues? What did you find was the best method to holster it?

NightOwl

imported post

I agree with that! If someone is carrying one, I'd love to see a video shot with a not too obvious camera following that person around a shopping mall or grocery store or something. Someplace with plenty of people to gawk. Great for comedy value, if nothing else.

Personally, that's a bit more pistol than I'd ever feel the need to carry, but that's just me.

doobie

imported post

Well, I OC'd an AR pistol for about 5 minutes today and posed for pictures. I think 4-5 people outside our group saw, I don't think any of them batted an eye.

So if no one else reports open carrying an AR-pistol around town/city (not just on your property/range)

Me in Concord, NH was the first AR-pistol open carry. I'll do it again at the next open carry litter clean up in New Hampshire.

doobie

imported post

POORBOY wrote:
would love to the pics of that :monkey
main.php

POORBOY

imported post

hhhaaaaaa now thats what i'm talkin about. It looks like it would be a tough carry though for like an all day move say a litter p/u. But hey thats one thing i would never expect to see.

doobie

imported post

POORBOY wrote:
hhhaaaaaa now thats what i'm talkin about. It looks like it would be a tough carry though for like an all day move say a litter p/u. But hey thats one thing i would never expect to see.
Once I can get it stabilized more in the holster, I think it'll be a lot better than my S&W500.

doobie

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Have you tried a chest holster? I mean dayum, look at that beast!
In the end I think I will probably end up with a sling.

BrentN

imported post

That is absolutely wild!

Wow, and it's perfectly legal too :D

I'd like to hear some more personal stories. If I had an AR15 pistol and lived where open carry was allowed, I'd do it!