Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro gave me the BOOT

Post imported post

So I have been shopping at Bass Pro for over a year every other week or more and I always OC. I went in there toget a new holster and I got stopped (oh crap) the mgr told me it was illegal and said I would have to conceal. I told him it was not and one of the workers agreed, long story short he wanted me to put a trigger guard on it and I told hime I did not wish to unload it just to put one on, Ill just go some where else, HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED))) "I have to ask you to leave" so I left. I told him to call the local PD to confirm what I said.

I said " you guys have a nice day"

theres alot more to it but im eating dinner and dont want try to remember every word

I was very polite so were they exept when they were making up POLICY that is never in print strange if you ask me.

another on bits the dust, darn I liked going there

Banned

Post imported post

ComSec wrote:
    HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED)))

I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?
    For throwing purposes? hehHeh:what:

Banned

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    For throwing purposes? hehHeh:what:

Or maybe cuz it looks so cool and shyte, man. Ya, know? Plus, ammo is like... expensive and shyte... and a loaded gun might hurt someone, man. Ya, know?

Post imported post

I went to a gun auction about a month or so ago ocing they asked me if my gun was loaded i said yes they told me to unload it or leave and wanted to know why i was carrying a gun loaded i asked them why i would carry a unloaded gun they said just leave, no guns aloud

Banned

Post imported post

gunman wrote:
    I went to a gun auction....
    ...they said just leave, no guns aloud
    I guess the irony escaped them.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

gunman wrote:
    SNIP said just leave, no guns aloud
    Well, next time carry a quiet gun; get a suppressor or something.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain. You could always contact corporate about the incident, and how you were in compliance with the law yet were still ejected. Doing so works wonders for Wal-Mart, on the rare occasions a manager gets their own ideas, corporate sets them straight pretty quickly.

Post imported post

I have only been ocing for a few months now i've had some good responces,but i cant believe how many people freak out when they see your gun.some call leos others ask you to leave or they shake their heads like your a moron

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain. You could always contact corporate about the incident, and how you were in compliance with the law yet were still ejected. Doing so works wonders for Wal-Mart, on the rare occasions a manager gets their own ideas, corporate sets them straight pretty quickly.
    I sent e-mail to Steve Kuhn (not vegassteve) about the same thing happening in their Hampton, Va store, on the date indicated below. No reply so far. Give it a try. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2009 04:11 pm Vegassteve wrote:
    Here is the link from the first thread he responded to I think his email is his scren name.

skuhn@basspro.com

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/16542-3.html
    I sent e-mail, with a link to the picture of the sign (above).

Hopefully, this will get resolved.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Banned

Post imported post

Someone from the forum told my guns that beer tasted like chilled donkey urine and

they have not gotten loaded since .

The manager asked me if my guns were loaded and I replied " Of course not ! ? ! "

BTW did I tell you about my moose hunting trip ?

Jedi mind tricks work with sheep or how to be invisible in plain sight .

I needed to speak to the store manager because my church is needing camping gear

for at least 40 orphaned children and I am here to see what type of a discount is

available .

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    ComSec wrote:

That is a great question. Ask those from California.

Post imported post

PA-Carry wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    ComSec wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Post imported post

ComSec wrote:
    So I have been shopping at Bass Pro for over a year every other week or more and I always OC. I went in there toget a new holster and I got stopped (oh crap) the mgr told me it was illegal and said I would have to conceal. I told him it was not and one of the workers agreed, long story short he wanted me to put a trigger guard on it and I told hime I did not wish to unload it just to put one on, Ill just go some where else, HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED))) "I have to ask you to leave" so I left. I told him to call the local PD to confirm what I said.

I said " you guys have a nice day"

theres alot more to it but im eating dinner and dont want try to remember every word

I was very polite so were they exept when they were making up POLICY that is never in print strange if you ask me.

another on bits the dust, darn I liked going there
    Certainly nobody in a storefront has the last word in an organization such as that.

If it's really important to you to shop there, go over the manager's head. If you still get no satisfaction, shop someplace more friendly.

Personally I prefer the small business stores over places like Bass Pro. They're... friendlier.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I agree.

Welcome to the battle for Mom & Pops over the BigBox stores. Now that China is concerned for the security of their loans to the Obamination, how long until only Chinese businesses are cheap sources of Chinese products?

Join the culture wars, join the economic battle and shop Mom & Pop whatever the cost!

Banned

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Not always.

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    I agree.

Welcome to the battle for Mom & Pops over the BigBox stores. Now that China is concerned for the security of their loans to the Obamination, how long until only Chinese businesses are cheap sources of Chinese products?

Join the culture wars, join the economic battle and shop Mom & Pop whatever the cost!
    Since when do we punish success here in America?

You sure you're not a commie?

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain.
    It must be. We have them up here as well. Naturally, they are all crime-friendly up here though.

Aran wrote:
    That depends on who you ask. I think the most popular date would be December 23, 1913, but of course there are many others.

Banned

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    I agree.

You sure you're not a commie?
    Nope, I am a conservative and not a thoughtless capitalist. There is a difference. I will not patronize COSCO (not Costco) or WalMart.

Banned

Post imported post

I shop almost entirely at WalMart. Sam Walton had a good idea, and followed through. Now look where his company is.

That's the American Dream right there.

Post imported post

PA-Carry wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    ComSec wrote:

Only because they won't ALLOW US to carry loaded.

We do however, keep full magazines close at hand, and practice "speed loading" in case we ever have to use the gun, it can have one in the chamber ready to fire in under a second.

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    I shop almost entirely at WalMart. Sam Walton had a good idea, and followed through. Now look where his company is.

Yeah look where his company is...shutting local business down, lowering worker standards...but hey, it'swealthier than the richest, largest OPEC member, Saudi Arabia.

Are you really that comfortable with a corporation that powerful with such a large stake in your country. I'm not, yet I still buy ammo from them

Banned

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    Yep, Sam Walton's dream. What about Ma and Pa Kettle's dream? They're greeters now that used to be shop keepers that sold high priced American products. I'd rather a million struggling 'Kettle's Stop and Shop' than WalMart/COSCO.

Banned

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    To prevent a ND.
    Yes, but it also prevents a Good Shoot.

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    Yep, Sam Walton's dream. What about Ma and Pa Kettle's dream? They're greeters now that used to be shop keepers that sold high priced American products. I'd rather a million struggling 'Kettle's Stop and Shop' than WalMart/COSCO.
    Ma and Pa Kettle should have worked harder.

And as for high priced American products, you live in a global economy. If your country's products are inferior and overpriced (They are.) someone else will be right there to sell something cheaper and better made (They do.)

And as for American made goods... tell me, where does Chevrolet make their cars these days? Oh, Mexico? Hmm... How about Ford? Crap, Canada.

Oh well. My Civic was made in Ohio, so looks like I win.

And as for the comments on lowering working conditions, if you don't like the conditions you work in, get a different job.

I do part time work at the local WalMart, and they treat me better than the UNION job I had back after high school. My pay is higher, too. And management is there if there's a concern, without being held at bay by the union's rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast