• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro gave me the BOOT

Decoligny

imported post

PA-Carry wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ComSec wrote:
HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED)))

I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?
That is a great question. Ask those from California.

Only because they won't ALLOW US to carry loaded.

We do however, keep full magazines close at hand, and practice "speed loading" in case we ever have to use the gun, it can have one in the chamber ready to fire in under a second.

the wheeelman

imported post

Aran wrote:
I shop almost entirely at WalMart. Sam Walton had a good idea, and followed through. Now look where his company is.

That's the American Dream right there.

Yeah look where his company is...shutting local business down, lowering worker standards...but hey, it'swealthier than the richest, largest OPEC member, Saudi Arabia.

Are you really that comfortable with a corporation that powerful with such a large stake in your country. I'm not, yet I still buy ammo from them ;)

Aran

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Yep, Sam Walton's dream. What about Ma and Pa Kettle's dream? They're greeters now that used to be shop keepers that sold high priced American products. I'd rather a million struggling 'Kettle's Stop and Shop' than WalMart/COSCO.
Ma and Pa Kettle should have worked harder.

And as for high priced American products, you live in a global economy. If your country's products are inferior and overpriced (They are.) someone else will be right there to sell something cheaper and better made (They do.)

And as for American made goods... tell me, where does Chevrolet make their cars these days? Oh, Mexico? Hmm... How about Ford? Crap, Canada.

Oh well. My Civic was made in Ohio, so looks like I win.

And as for the comments on lowering working conditions, if you don't like the conditions you work in, get a different job.

I do part time work at the local WalMart, and they treat me better than the UNION job I had back after high school. My pay is higher, too. And management is there if there's a concern, without being held at bay by the union's rules.

canadian

imported post

Aran wrote:

You mean they should have bribed someone.

Walmart got where it is today by bribing politicians, bullying suppliers and crushing dissent - both internal and external. The spoils go to the dirtiest player, they always have.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

the wheeelman wrote:
Aran wrote:
I shop almost entirely at WalMart. Sam Walton had a good idea, and followed through. Now look where his company is.

Yeah look where his company is...shutting local business down, lowering worker standards...but hey, it'swealthier than the richest, largest OPEC member, Saudi Arabia.

Are you really that comfortable with a corporation that powerful with such a large stake in your country. I'm not, yet I still buy ammo from them ;)

:quirky

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Aran wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Yep, Sam Walton's dream. What about Ma and Pa Kettle's dream? They're greeters now that used to be shop keepers that sold high priced American products. I'd rather a million struggling 'Kettle's Stop and Shop' than WalMart/COSCO.

And as for high priced American products, you live in a global economy. If your country's products are inferior and overpriced (They are.) someone else will be right there to sell something cheaper and better made (They do.)

And as for American made goods... tell me, where does Chevrolet make their cars these days? Oh, Mexico? Hmm... How about Ford? Crap, Canada.

Oh well. My Civic was made in Ohio, so looks like I win.

And as for the comments on lowering working conditions, if you don't like the conditions you work in, get a different job.

I do part time work at the local WalMart, and they treat me better than the UNION job I had back after high school. My pay is higher, too. And management is there if there's a concern, without being held at bay by the union's rules.

x9999999999999 It really is that simple.

Pamiam

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
PA-Carry wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ComSec wrote:

I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?
That is a great question. Ask those from California.

Only because they won't ALLOW US to carry loaded.

We do however, keep full magazines close at hand, and practice "speed loading" in case we ever have to use the gun, it can have one in the chamber ready to fire in under a second.
Seriously? You can't carry loaded? And you have to practice loading on the fly as your best hope? Gee, I hope the criminals obey that rule, too. That's one of the worst carry-compromises I've ever heard. I hope y'all are fighting to fix that.

My state doesn't permit open carry, but they're considering it IF we sacrifice other concealed carry rights we currently enjoy. I'm against it in that case.

Back to the Bass Pro thing - There is absolutely NO WAY I would be able to open carry in a Bass Pro in my state. However, I CAN open carry in mom-n-pop shops which permit it, loaded, no problem and no rights compromised. Guess where I shop? ;)

Slayer of Paper

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ComSec wrote:

To prevent a ND.
The only sure way to prevent a negligent discharge is to properly obey the rules of firearms safety. In particular: "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire".

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ComSec wrote:

To prevent a ND.
How in the world is my loaded, holstered sidearm going to ND? I am pretty confident that I could leave any of my carry sidearms loaded, holstered and in appropriate carry condition for the next 100+ years without an ND.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I should have clarified. Some people carry guns unloaded to prevent a negligent discharge. I myself prevent a negligent discharge by:
1. Keeping my finger out of the trigger guard unless I intend to use the trigger.
2. Use a holster that covers the trigger guard.
3. Either carry a DA/SA pistol in DA mode so the first trigger pull is DA (safety off), or carry a SA pistol with the safety on.

I would never carry an unloaded gun, unless the law required it, because I feel an unloaded gun, no matter how close to being loaded it is, is risking my life when I may need that additional second and/or extra hand to defend myself.
+1

NightOwl

imported post

I never realized that the american dream included crushing competitors with unfair business practices on a regular basis. Guess I need to catch up with the times.