• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro gave me the BOOT

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So I have been shopping at Bass Pro for over a year every other week or more and I always OC. I went in there toget a new holster and I got stopped (oh crap) the mgr told me it was illegal and said I would have to conceal. I told him it was not and one of the workers agreed, long story short he wanted me to put a trigger guard on it and I told hime I did not wish to unload it just to put one on, Ill just go some where else, HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED))) "I have to ask you to leave" so I left. I told him to call the local PD to confirm what I said.

I said " you guys have a nice day"

theres alot more to it but im eating dinner and dont want try to remember every word

I was very polite so were they exept when they were making up POLICY that is never in print strange if you ask me.

another on bits the dust, darn I liked going there

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?
For throwing purposes? hehHeh:what:

Or maybe cuz it looks so cool and shyte, man. Ya, know? Plus, ammo is like... expensive and shyte... and a loaded gun might hurt someone, man. Ya, know?

gunman

imported post

I went to a gun auction about a month or so ago ocing they asked me if my gun was loaded i said yes they told me to unload it or leave and wanted to know why i was carrying a gun loaded i asked them why i would carry a unloaded gun they said just leave, no guns aloud

NightOwl

imported post

Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain. You could always contact corporate about the incident, and how you were in compliance with the law yet were still ejected. Doing so works wonders for Wal-Mart, on the rare occasions a manager gets their own ideas, corporate sets them straight pretty quickly.

gunman

imported post

I have only been ocing for a few months now i've had some good responces,but i cant believe how many people freak out when they see your gun.some call leos others ask you to leave or they shake their heads like your a moron

2a4all

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain. You could always contact corporate about the incident, and how you were in compliance with the law yet were still ejected. Doing so works wonders for Wal-Mart, on the rare occasions a manager gets their own ideas, corporate sets them straight pretty quickly.
I sent e-mail to Steve Kuhn (not vegassteve) about the same thing happening in their Hampton, Va store, on the date indicated below. No reply so far. Give it a try. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2009 04:11 pm Vegassteve wrote:
Here is the link from the first thread he responded to I think his email is his scren name.

skuhn@basspro.com

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/16542-3.html
I sent e-mail, with a link to the picture of the sign (above).

Hopefully, this will get resolved.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Someone from the forum told my guns that beer tasted like chilled donkey urine and

they have not gotten loaded since .

The manager asked me if my guns were loaded and I replied " Of course not ! ? ! "

BTW did I tell you about my moose hunting trip ?

Jedi mind tricks work with sheep or how to be invisible in plain sight .

I needed to speak to the store manager because my church is needing camping gear

for at least 40 orphaned children and I am here to see what type of a discount is

available .

Butlerite

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ComSec wrote:
HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED)))

I never fail to be amused at peoples' respones to hearing that the gun is loaded. Why on earth would anyone carry an UNloaded gun?
That is a great question. Ask those from California.

Pamiam

imported post

ComSec wrote:
So I have been shopping at Bass Pro for over a year every other week or more and I always OC. I went in there toget a new holster and I got stopped (oh crap) the mgr told me it was illegal and said I would have to conceal. I told him it was not and one of the workers agreed, long story short he wanted me to put a trigger guard on it and I told hime I did not wish to unload it just to put one on, Ill just go some where else, HE FREAKED (((( ITS LOADED))) "I have to ask you to leave" so I left. I told him to call the local PD to confirm what I said.

I said " you guys have a nice day"

theres alot more to it but im eating dinner and dont want try to remember every word

I was very polite so were they exept when they were making up POLICY that is never in print strange if you ask me.

another on bits the dust, darn I liked going there

Certainly nobody in a storefront has the last word in an organization such as that.

If it's really important to you to shop there, go over the manager's head. If you still get no satisfaction, shop someplace more friendly.

Personally I prefer the small business stores over places like Bass Pro. They're... friendlier. ;)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I agree.

Welcome to the battle for Mom & Pops over the BigBox stores. Now that China is concerned for the security of their loans to the Obamination, how long until only Chinese businesses are cheap sources of Chinese products?

Join the culture wars, join the economic battle and shop Mom & Pop whatever the cost!

Aran

Banned
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Not always.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I agree.

Welcome to the battle for Mom & Pops over the BigBox stores. Now that China is concerned for the security of their loans to the Obamination, how long until only Chinese businesses are cheap sources of Chinese products?

Join the culture wars, join the economic battle and shop Mom & Pop whatever the cost!
Since when do we punish success here in America?

You sure you're not a commie?

canadian

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Looks like they're a pretty good sized chain.
It must be. We have them up here as well. Naturally, they are all crime-friendly up here though.

Aran wrote:
That depends on who you ask. I think the most popular date would be December 23, 1913, but of course there are many others.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Aran wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
I agree.

You sure you're not a commie?
Nope, I am a conservative and not a thoughtless capitalist. There is a difference. I will not patronize COSCO (not Costco) or WalMart.

Aran

Banned
imported post

I shop almost entirely at WalMart. Sam Walton had a good idea, and followed through. Now look where his company is.

That's the American Dream right there.