• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello to all..New Member

Eric.G

imported post

Whats up everybody??:)

I just joined the forum, as you can see, and would like to say hello first before posting. While I am undecided whether or not to apply for my CWP, I am enjoying the feeling of OC in AZ. Thanx in advance for the warm welcome.

Eric

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Welcome Eric! CCW is a nice thing to have (took me nearly two months after applying to get the ole "permit" in the mail)

site_logo.png

Dahwg

imported post

Eric.G wrote:
Whats up everybody??:)

I just joined the forum, as you can see, and would like to say hello first before posting. While I am undecided whether or not to apply for my CWP, I am enjoying the feeling of OC in AZ. Thanx in advance for the warm welcome.

Eric

I have my CCW but I OC most of the time. It's a good thing to have in case you want to carry in city parks (most municipalities) State parks, and National Forrest Service land. It's also very convenient when purchasing firearms from an FFL. Also join us over at www.arizonadefensegroup.com a newly started forum catering specifically to Arizona gun-owners. Not to compete with this site, but it is a way of including our CC brothers-in-arms as well.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I finally got a CWP 'bout 2 years agoafter some long time OC... just 'cause it's convienient to CC now 'n then 'n not haf'ta worry about the legal nuances.

curtm1911

imported post

Welcome Eric G,

I would say yes get the permit, I personally like the perks that come with it. I also open carry and CC too. The perks; no phone call when buying a firearm, able to carry in a City Park among others. I OC a 1911, but also got sumpin in my pockets besides my hands...................lol

Anyway, Welcome to the group, we are a good bunch here and lots of good info is available here, Enjoy and Be Safe and Sane out there. BTW, when summer comes and it WILL, indoor shooting can be real fun, check out the Scottsdale Gun Club if you are anywhere near the 101 and Raintree. Good place and good people too.