Thread: Not sure where to put this

Post imported post

Hi all im new,im not sure exactly where to put this so if this is the wrong place i apologize.

I have a important question here that i have been wondering about for a long time.

About 17 maybe more years ago i tried to commit suicide 3 times with a overdose of Tylenol aspirin. I spent about 3 months in Allentown State Hospital in Allentown,Pa.

I have been fine for the past 15 years,no med's or anything,my life is doing great and glad to be alive. I was never a harm to anyone,heck i still believe in the rule "you don't hit girls" i still consider that wrong. Im not psychotic or anything either. i'd never hurt a fly,i was brought up to treat everyone with respect,Especially the women.

My question is what are the laws for people that did what i did? I would like to be a gun and sword collector and i would like to carry for protection. Will i be able to get a gun or no cause of my past 3 suicides attempts?

Just so yas know i don't have any guns i wanted to know legal wise if i can or not.

One other thing i would like to know,is there such a thing as trigger locks for like 9mm kind of guns if i would get one? I ask cause sometimes there is kids running around here in my home,and would like to make sure stuff is safe.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Post imported post

Please help,if this isnt the right forum to ask the question could you please direct me where i need to look/ask?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It might help if we knew what state you reside in.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    It might help if we knew what state you reside in.
    oops sorry Pennsylvania

Post imported post

His offense was in PA.

Do you still live there?

This is up to state law. You need to consult the state powers that be.

Bummer past ya have there. I hope you're feeling better. You should feel great what with all the Tylenol. :P (couldn't resist)

Welcome to the forum, guns or not! Best wishes to you!

Post imported post

Pamiam wrote:
    His offense was in PA.

Do you still live there?

This is up to state law. You need to consult the state powers that be.

Bummer past ya have there. I hope you're feeling better. You should feel great what with all the Tylenol. :P (couldn't resist)

Welcome to the forum, guns or not! Best wishes to you!
    Yes im still in PA.

Your silly lol :P

yea it was a dumb thing to do but like i said im fine now I cherish life now

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The Obongo Administration and its Obamination are eagerly changing the law to disbar one adjudicated 'mentally defective' his Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Even veterans diagnosed 'PTSD' are at risk of their RKABA.

How the disbarment is administered and enforced is up to the 'sovereign' states. I don't know the details for Pennsylvania.

If you were involuntarily committed or judged (adjudicated) a risk to yourself or others then I fear you may be caught up and swept away in this tide of tyranny.

Best wishes.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    The Obongo Administration and its Obamination are eagerly changing the law to disbar one adjudicated 'mentally defective' his Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Even veterans diagnosed 'PTSD' are at risk of their RKABA.

How the disbarment is administered and enforced is up to the 'sovereign' states. I don't know the details for Pennsylvania.

If you were involuntarily committed or judged (adjudicated) a risk to yourself or others then I fear you may be caught up and swept away in this tide of tyranny.

Best wishes.
    No i wasn't court committed or anything,it was voluntary.

And no i wasn't a danger to anyone.

Post imported post

First, congratulations on surviving. There is no such thing as "Tylenol aspirin"; they are two different substances. You're lucky you didn't take enough Tylenol (acetaminophen, aka paracetamol), because a bottle full will definitely kill you. It just takes 2-3 weeks before you die in painful agony, from liver failure.

Your age at the time is probably a critical factor. How old were you when you were sent to the state hospital?

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    First, congratulations on surviving. There is no such thing as "Tylenol aspirin"; they are two different substances. You're lucky you didn't take enough Tylenol (acetaminophen, aka paracetamol), because a bottle full will definitely kill you. It just takes 2-3 weeks before you die in painful agony, from liver failure.

Your age at the time is probably a critical factor. How old were you when you were sent to the state hospital?
    oops sorry about that i ment Tylenol duh hehe.

i was 18 i think im 35 now.

Post imported post

Try posting this over at PAFOA.ORG.

Post imported post

Shallnotbeinfringed wrote:
    ok,sorry if this was the wrong site.

Banned

Post imported post

Give it a go. If you can buy one, you're fine. If not, guess not!

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    Did you forget the question on the form. IT does not matter what is in some computer system unless it does not match the form. So if he lies on the form, and there is a record someplace, then he can be arrested for lying in the form. IF he tells the truth, they might not sell him the gun.

So it is not just as simple as try it and if it works he is ok.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    Did you forget the question on the form. IT does not matter what is in some computer system unless it does not match the form. So if he lies on the form, and there is a record someplace, then he can be arrested for lying in the form. IF he tells the truth, they might not sell him the gun.

So it is not just as simple as try it and if it works he is ok.
    I would tell the truth,i don't want to get in trouble. Plus now that i am a Federally Licensed Amateur Radio Operator i don't want to do anything that will make the FCC take my license away ,Dont want to give them any excuses.

Post imported post

Oh yes, a nice site if you want to get discriminated against by the people who are keyboard commandos there. anti-gay, anti-furry, among others.

They've chased people away in which I end up meeting the said chased person only to receive bad remarks about the site(the people anyway, it isn't all of them.)
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Banned

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    Oh yes, a nice site if you want to get discriminated against by the people who are keyboard commandos there. anti-gay, anti-furry, among others.

They've chased people away in which I end up meeting the said chased person only to receive bad remarks about the site(the people anyway, it isn't all of them.)
    Furball, it's not that you're a gay furry, it's that you CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I know other furries, and other gays, who don't use it as a topic 24/7, and I have nothing against them.

****, I think LilDobe is a pretty nice guy, and he makes no secret of being a furry. It's just that he doesn't constantly ******* mention it.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Title 18 Chapter 61 Section 6105:

6105. Persons not to possess, use, manufacture,
    control, sell or transfer firearms.

(4) A person who has been adjudicated as an
    incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed
    to a mental institution for inpatient care
    and treatment under section 302, 303 or 304 of
    the provisions of the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L.
    817, No.143), known as the Mental Health Procedures
    Act. This paragraph shall not apply to
    any proceeding under section 302 of the Mental
    Health Procedures Act unless the examining
    physician has issued a certification that inpatient
    care was necessary or that the person was committable.

Your treatment was voluntary, so I think you are just fine. Adjudicated means court order. Your CPL application is going to have this on it for you to sign:
    I have never been convicted of a crime that
    prohibits me from possessing or acquiring a
    firearm under Federal or State law. I am of
    sound mind and have never been committed to
    a mental institution. I hereby certify that the
    statements contained herein are true and correct
    to the best of my knowledge and belief.
    Notice the underlined part. Again, if you went voluntarily, and never were refused to be released, it is not a committment, it is treatment. Two different words.
    ok thank you,this answered my question .

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    insane.kangaroo wrote:

Furball, it's not that you're a gay furry, it's that you CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I know other furries, and other gays, who don't use it as a topic 24/7, and I have nothing against them.

@#$%, I think LilDobe is a pretty nice guy, and he makes no secret of being a furry. It's just that he doesn't constantly @#$%ing mention it.
    Funny, I mentioned PAFOA around antixx and he frowned. When I asked him why, he informed me people were bashing on him because he is a furry. They bashed him mainly in chat and a couple references on the forum.

Also, I don't know the reason, dan pherson spent donated funds on a laptop for himself. I did not believe sgt or xd45 until one of them actually linked to the topic where dan admitted spending funds on a laptop for himself, of which he should've bought with his own money. After they shown me the link, I just simply stopped reading pafoa forums.

I don't like 1) people who are just using others for their own financial benefit and 2) at the least dan could do is actually participate.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Banned

Post imported post

QQ

Post imported post

What's a "furry"?

Post imported post

A person who likes to anthropomorphize in some form or fashion.

i.e. fursuiting, drawing, acting, story telling, imagining your character is the main character, and/or other method.

http://www.inherittheearth.net/images/fursuit2b.jpg

The fox in the center at the front is WhiskeyFoxtrot... he's a gun guy as well

Here is him playing with his guns... he has a little too much fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgxrhZ9wupQ

There are plenty of gun furs, hope I can stay around long enough to go to Anthrocon, we'll organize a group shoot.

Banned

Post imported post

I'd LOVE to organize a group shoot at Anthrocon!

But I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

Post imported post

That's nice aran...

So when will be reading on the news, "Indiana, PA College Kid Goes on Rampage with Assault Weapons"?