• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not sure where to put this

KB3SKU

imported post

Hi all im new,im not sure exactly where to put this so if this is the wrong place i apologize.

I have a important question here that i have been wondering about for a long time.

About 17 maybe more years ago i tried to commit suicide 3 times with a overdose of Tylenol aspirin. I spent about 3 months in Allentown State Hospital in Allentown,Pa.

I have been fine for the past 15 years,no med's or anything,my life is doing great and glad to be alive. I was never a harm to anyone,heck i still believe in the rule "you don't hit girls" i still consider that wrong. Im not psychotic or anything either. i'd never hurt a fly,i was brought up to treat everyone with respect,Especially the women.

My question is what are the laws for people that did what i did? I would like to be a gun and sword collector and i would like to carry for protection. Will i be able to get a gun or no cause of my past 3 suicides attempts?

Just so yas know i don't have any guns i wanted to know legal wise if i can or not.

One other thing i would like to know,is there such a thing as trigger locks for like 9mm kind of guns if i would get one? I ask cause sometimes there is kids running around here in my home,and would like to make sure stuff is safe.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Pamiam

imported post

His offense was in PA.

Do you still live there?

This is up to state law. You need to consult the state powers that be.

Bummer past ya have there. I hope you're feeling better. You should feel great what with all the Tylenol. :p (couldn't resist)

Welcome to the forum, guns or not! Best wishes to you!

KB3SKU

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
His offense was in PA.

Do you still live there?

This is up to state law. You need to consult the state powers that be.

Bummer past ya have there. I hope you're feeling better. You should feel great what with all the Tylenol. :p (couldn't resist)

Welcome to the forum, guns or not! Best wishes to you!
Yes im still in PA.

Your silly lol :p

yea it was a dumb thing to do but like i said im fine now :) I cherish life now :)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The Obongo Administration and its Obamination are eagerly changing the law to disbar one adjudicated 'mentally defective' his Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Even veterans diagnosed 'PTSD' are at risk of their RKABA.

How the disbarment is administered and enforced is up to the 'sovereign' states. I don't know the details for Pennsylvania.

If you were involuntarily committed or judged (adjudicated) a risk to yourself or others then I fear you may be caught up and swept away in this tide of tyranny.

Best wishes.

KB3SKU

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
The Obongo Administration and its Obamination are eagerly changing the law to disbar one adjudicated 'mentally defective' his Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Even veterans diagnosed 'PTSD' are at risk of their RKABA.

How the disbarment is administered and enforced is up to the 'sovereign' states. I don't know the details for Pennsylvania.

If you were involuntarily committed or judged (adjudicated) a risk to yourself or others then I fear you may be caught up and swept away in this tide of tyranny.

Best wishes.
No i wasn't court committed or anything,it was voluntary.

And no i wasn't a danger to anyone.

KBCraig

imported post

First, congratulations on surviving. There is no such thing as "Tylenol aspirin"; they are two different substances. You're lucky you didn't take enough Tylenol (acetaminophen, aka paracetamol), because a bottle full will definitely kill you. It just takes 2-3 weeks before you die in painful agony, from liver failure.

Your age at the time is probably a critical factor. How old were you when you were sent to the state hospital?

KB3SKU

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
First, congratulations on surviving. There is no such thing as "Tylenol aspirin"; they are two different substances. You're lucky you didn't take enough Tylenol (acetaminophen, aka paracetamol), because a bottle full will definitely kill you. It just takes 2-3 weeks before you die in painful agony, from liver failure.

Your age at the time is probably a critical factor. How old were you when you were sent to the state hospital?
oops sorry about that i ment Tylenol duh hehe.

i was 18 i think im 35 now.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Aran wrote:
Give it a go. If you can buy one, you're fine. If not, guess not!

Did you forget the question on the form. IT does not matter what is in some computer system unless it does not match the form. So if he lies on the form, and there is a record someplace, then he can be arrested for lying in the form. IF he tells the truth, they might not sell him the gun.

So it is not just as simple as try it and if it works he is ok.

KB3SKU

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Aran wrote:
Give it a go. If you can buy one, you're fine. If not, guess not!

Did you forget the question on the form. IT does not matter what is in some computer system unless it does not match the form. So if he lies on the form, and there is a record someplace, then he can be arrested for lying in the form. IF he tells the truth, they might not sell him the gun.

So it is not just as simple as try it and if it works he is ok.
I would tell the truth,i don't want to get in trouble. Plus now that i am a Federally Licensed Amateur Radio Operator i don't want to do anything that will make the FCC take my license away :( ,Dont want to give them any excuses.

david.ross

imported post

Shallnotbeinfringed wrote:
Try posting this over at PAFOA.ORG.
Oh yes, a nice site if you want to get discriminated against by the people who are keyboard commandos there. anti-gay, anti-furry, among others.

They've chased people away in which I end up meeting the said chased person only to receive bad remarks about the site(the people anyway, it isn't all of them.)

Aran

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Oh yes, a nice site if you want to get discriminated against by the people who are keyboard commandos there. anti-gay, anti-furry, among others.

They've chased people away in which I end up meeting the said chased person only to receive bad remarks about the site(the people anyway, it isn't all of them.)
Furball, it's not that you're a gay furry, it's that you CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I know other furries, and other gays, who don't use it as a topic 24/7, and I have nothing against them.

Shit, I think LilDobe is a pretty nice guy, and he makes no secret of being a furry. It's just that he doesn't constantly ******* mention it.

KB3SKU

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Title 18 Chapter 61 Section 6105:
[align=left]
6105. Persons not to possess, use, manufacture,
control, sell or transfer firearms.
[/align]
[align=left]
(4) A person who has been adjudicated as an
incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed
to a mental institution for inpatient care
and treatment under section 302, 303 or 304 of
the provisions of the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L.
817, No.143), known as the Mental Health Procedures
Act. This paragraph shall not apply to
any proceeding under section 302 of the Mental
Health Procedures Act unless the examining
physician has issued a certification that inpatient
care was necessary or that the person was committable.
[/align]

Your treatment was voluntary, so I think you are just fine. Adjudicated means court order. Your CPL application is going to have this on it for you to sign:
I have never been convicted of a crime that
prohibits me from possessing or acquiring a
firearm under Federal or State law. I am of
sound mind and have never been committed to
a mental institution. I hereby certify that the
statements contained herein are true and correct
to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Notice the underlined part. Again, if you went voluntarily, and never were refused to be released, it is not a committment, it is treatment. Two different words.
ok thank you,this answered my question :) .

david.ross

imported post

Aran wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:

Furball, it's not that you're a gay furry, it's that you CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I know other furries, and other gays, who don't use it as a topic 24/7, and I have nothing against them.

@#$%, I think LilDobe is a pretty nice guy, and he makes no secret of being a furry. It's just that he doesn't constantly @#$%ing mention it.
Funny, I mentioned PAFOA around antixx and he frowned. When I asked him why, he informed me people were bashing on him because he is a furry. They bashed him mainly in chat and a couple references on the forum.

Also, I don't know the reason, dan pherson spent donated funds on a laptop for himself. I did not believe sgt or xd45 until one of them actually linked to the topic where dan admitted spending funds on a laptop for himself, of which he should've bought with his own money. After they shown me the link, I just simply stopped reading pafoa forums.

I don't like 1) people who are just using others for their own financial benefit and 2) at the least dan could do is actually participate.