• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disarmed myself for 10 days

essayons

imported post

I spent my spring break in Ireland... its a beautiful country, and my gf and I had a great time.

However, the laws of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland don't allow any weapons of any type to be carried for self-defense. The UK is even considering legislation to ban carrying glass bottles in public.

I realized when I returned that the trip had been the longest time I had been disarmed since getting my CHP a little over 2 years ago.

And I did not like it at all.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but it really made me realize how lucky we are not to live in a country that criminalizes self-defense, and how hard we need to continue to fight to maintain our natural human rights.

Spectre

imported post

Thats one the things I think about for when I join up with the ARMY. I really want to request to be joined with US ARMY Europe to go back to Germany and Europe in general. On the other hand though I don't like the idea of not being able to have my weapon like I can in the States... It's a pretty tough decision.

Decoligny

imported post

While you may not have any "weapons" there are other things that can be used to defend yourself.

If I ever have to go somewhere where the won't even allow me to carry a pocket knife, I can tell you right now that my bum knee will be acting up.

21YF0AP343L._AA280_.jpg

A regular walking cane cane be a very effective self defense tool.

Pagan

imported post

I think that the school sytems should do a better job explaining to students just how fortunate we are in this country, as far as a rights are concerned. I would love to go home to Europe to see where my ancestors hailed from, but with all the anti-freedom laws over there, much will need to change before I do, but perhaps that is why my folk left in the first place:cool:.

My wife is Irish and I got some from both of my parents, plus a little Polish and German, good 'ol American mutt, anyways we keep persuing our liberties over here without comprimise, maybe the rest of the world will get the idea.

Lead by example .

Carry on