Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detained Twice: Need Help

Post imported post

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

What kinds of things do you need to FOIA? I've requested some things using FOIA a few times (without a lawyer) and have never found it to be horrendously difficult.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    I need help and don’t know what to do. One of the reasons that I don’t OC is because I can’t afford to pay for a lawyer. Now, I need one anyway.

I was detained last night for over 50 minutes, and also last week for about five minutes.

On top of that, my computer broke, so I have to use the library’s computer, and that limits me to only one, one-hour session per day.

I’d appreciate any help.

I need someone willing to do the FOIA work for me.

I also need a lawyer, but can’t afford one.

I really don’t k now what to do at this point, and would appreciate any help.
    I think yourfirst couple of steps, without potentially wasting time or money on anything else, is to submita complaint to the agency that you feel detained you and talk to an attorney--for free--about what realistically can be done beyond that.

After your talk with an attorney, you should know more realistically if the incidents should be pursued further or the formal complaint is about the only really effective thing you can do.

Usually, attorneys provide an initial, brief consultation for free to potential clients. I think the attorneys publicized here follow that practice. Let us know the outcome. I would, and have, donated money to defense funds for wrongful prosecution, but there would have to be very unusual circumstances for me to donate to pursue someone'swrongful detention, as money is tight and such incidents don't result in law-abiding citizens being placed inlegal jeopardy. But I know wrongful detention is still a serious issue, so I wish you all success if your incident requires further pursuit.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

A lot of use here have had experience doing FOIA's and otherwise taking on bogus charges and things. But obviously we can't help you without details, which obviously probably don't belong on the net. So, given your present circumstance, I would suggest that you PM your phone number and a good time to call to people who you think might be able to offer you some ideas. Having recently got a cop in trouble for perjury, I think it's possible I might have some pointers for you, but it's hard to say not knowing the facts.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I appreciate the help so far with the suggestions. I've contacted a lawyer, and we are hopping it all just fades away. Right now I'm just going to wait and hope nothing happens.

Post imported post

Is there somewhere in west Michigan that we should be avoiding for the time being?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    I need help and don’t know what to do. One of the reasons that I don’t OC is because I can’t afford to pay for a lawyer. Now, I need one anyway.

I was detained last night for over 50 minutes, and also last week for about five minutes.

On top of that, my computer broke, so I have to use the library’s computer, and that limits me to only one, one-hour session per day.

I’d appreciate any help.

I need someone willing to do the FOIA work for me.

I also need a lawyer, but can’t afford one.

I really don’t k now what to do at this point, and would appreciate any help.
    PM sent.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Ghostrider,

2x in about 1 week's time?? WOW! Did it happen here in GR or was it elsewhere.

I know you are probably precluded from stating exactly where this happened, but if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to PM me.

Also, I may be able to get a computer for you to use while your other one is being repaired... just send me a PM when you can.

--Todd
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Halten! Tzu briefs bitta! Zu ferstancis nich gefarn uf Volks Republk Uf Kent Kounty! I don't travel in Kent county without a really good reason. They Don't Get It!springerdave.

Post imported post

Guess I'm lucky then... I've never run into a problem. I spend most of my time in western Kent County/ Eastern Ottawa County. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, because I used to be in the reserves and there were some deputies who were suspicious of everybody that wasn't a cop.

Was at a gas station in Hudsonville, 2 Ottawa County Deputies (I think) were there getting a cup of coffee. They definitely noticed my pistol but they didn't say anything to me.

Pumping gas at Costco near Rivertown Crossings, I was trying to use a gift card for part of the fill-up and a credit card for the remainder. I needed to complete the gift card transaction, then use my credit card on a new transaction which took quite some time. The clerk was walking around assisting people, noticed that I was taking a long time because of the two cards being used, and walked over to see if I need any help. I answered that I did not, just trying to use two cards for the gas. He noticed the pistol and asked if I was a cop... I laughed and said "Just a guy carrying a firearm." I explained that it was legal to OC, and explained the issue of transporting the firearm w/out a cpl. He chuckled that Costco would never let him carry his pistol while working, even though because he is out there alone, he wishes he could. I told him about the opencarry website; he said he would check it out. No problems at all.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Halten! Tzu briefs bitta! Zu ferstancis nich gefarn uf Volks Republk Uf Kent Kounty! I don't travel in Kent county without a really good reason. They Don't Get It!springerdave.
    springerdave,

Ihr Deutsch ist nicht ganz verständlich ... sie sollen Englisch benutzen.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    springerdave wrote:
    springerdave,

Ihr Deutsch ist nicht ganz verständlich ... sie sollen Englisch benutzen.

Watch your language!

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Tables, Mien Englis unt mien Dutch ist Kaput.springerdave

edit Tzu besht nicht haben Ur lederhosen en ien Knotten.Danka.

Post imported post

Mien Englis unt mien Dutch ist Kaput

You do and you'll clean it up!!
    :P:P

Post imported post

Hände hoch!! Schnell! Schnell!

Post imported post

Can you all stop posting in French and get back to English
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Ahh...I assume your kidding?

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

SemperFiGuy wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Of course he is. Everyone knows that the conversation had been taking place in Chineese, not French.. Jeese..

Post imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
    SemperFiGuy wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Of course he is. Everyone knows that the conversation had been taking place in Chineese, not French.. Jeese..
    I thought they were speaking British!

Post imported post

SemperFiGuy wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    That's what the winking icon is used for

Post imported post

Back on topic

Ghostrider Wrote:
    I appreciate the help so far with the suggestions. I've contacted a lawyer, and we are hopping it all just fades away. Right now I'm just going to wait and hope nothing happens.

Ghost, any updates?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Theoretically speaking

Why would someone be detained twice?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Theoretically speaking

Why would someone be detained twice?
    Detained two different times over a common issue? Maybe I don't know.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Well I know Ghostrider doesn't OC around where he lives for personal reasons which is fine.

But if he wasn't detained for OC then I ask why else would "someone" be detained.

Ghostrider.... PM me would ya?

Post imported post

First,

A big thanks to everyone for the support. So far there have been no other incidents, and hopefully that's how it will stay.

A special thanks to a forum member who was kind enough to arrange it so that I can again have net access again, while I'm sorting out my PC issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast