Thread: Ammo update - Bass Pro in Ashland

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

BP has a small supply of 9mm, .40 S&W and 45. Its Winchester Supreme Elite - 20 round boxes.

I know the 9mm was around $17.99 and the .40 was $20.99 a box. I had a frequent customer gift certificate so I got a box of .40 for about $4.00
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I went there on Saturday and a good majority of their shelves were empty. I don't typically purchase ammo there, but I was curious to see their prices. Couldn't believe it when the shelves were just sitting there collecting dust...

Post imported post

I know it's off the radar, any .38 special or .357 magnum?

TFred

Post imported post

wait, $20 for 20 round boxes?

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    I know it's off the radar, any .38 special or .357 magnum?

TFred
    I cant swear to it but I do believe that I did see some .38 special.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    wait, $20 for 20 round boxes?
    yep, a bit pricey you might say. Just last week I bought a box of Winchester SXZ .40 (50 rounds) for $21.99, I think it was.

I guess the high price is better than nothing at all.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I bought 8 boxes of .40s at Wal Mart (Fair Lakes) Sunday night. They had at least 50 boxes in stock. Only $12.47 for 50 rounds of Blazer Brass ammo. Then I went over to Dick's and bought 10 boxes of 7.62x39 for $7.99 per box.

I went to Rockingham Coop yesterday thinking that ammo might be a little cheaper out here in the Valley. Wrong. Everything was at least $3-10 higher than it is in NOVA.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    I bought 8 boxes of .40s at Wal Mart (Fair Lakes) Sunday night. They had at least 50 boxes in stock. Only $12.47 for 50 rounds of Blazer Brass ammo. Then I went over to Dick's and bought 10 boxes of 7.62x39 for $7.99 per box.

I went to Rockingham Coop yesterday thinking that ammo might be a little cheaper out here in the Valley. Wrong. Everything was at least $3-10 higher than it is in NOVA.
    I've never shot Blazer before...how is it?
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:

I've never shot Blazer before...how is it?
    I've had absolutely no problems with it. I've shot about 500 rounds of Blazer Brass through my Glock 22. My uncle shoots blazer through his Kimber and I haven't heard any complaints from him. I'd buy Blazer .45s if I could ever find any. Wal-Mart only has Blazer available in .40 and 9mm when I'm there (actually they usually don't even have .40s).

Post imported post

I've used Blazer Brass in both 9mm and .40 with no problems. Good stuff.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:

Which Dick's? I just went by the one in Manassas and all they had in 7.62x39 was Remington for $20 / 20. I guess I'll check out the one in Fair Lakes tomorrow.

Post imported post

How about 7.62x39 near richmond va??

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I don't know how long this will last or what's really behind it.....but you might want to start stocking up on primers, powder and cases.

Post imported post

I buy Walmarts blazer brass .40 s&w 180 grain. I have never had a problem with it. Usually around $13.00 for a box of 50. This is good range ammo. (has been put through my glock 22 and 23)

I have shot the same ammo in .45 acp through my ruger p90 ....again with no problems. I always get a box or 4 when I am there and it is in stock. I usually have at least 500 rounds of this at home at any given time. Just good cheap ball ammo.

Post imported post

I've shot blazer brass in their 9mm spec. Works fine if a bit smelly in one of my 9 mm firearms. My smaller 9mm (one I use for CC)however hates it with a passion. I load up 5 rounds and 3 of them will jam with at least 1 casing stuck in the chamber/barrel area.

Yet I can shoot American Eagle 9mm in either without any problems or jams.The CC gun is well oiled, cleaned,and maintained. Range master suggested I may need to fire 500 - 1000 rounds through it before it's broke in. I've already put over 500 rounds through it. Still jams with Blazer but fires fine with American Eagle.

PMC works well enough. Jams a little bit (1 out of 20 rounds avg). My main 9mm eats any 9mm ammunition I give it.

Post imported post

Blue Ridge Arsenal has a new supply of Federal JHP, Hydra shoks 124gr. Didn't have what I needed in 7.62 though.

Post imported post

Dawson's was/is trying to charge >$40 a box for 20 round boxes of 40S&W.

Someone cleaned out the Walmart on Liberia the other day of all their 9mm and 40 S&W ammo.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin