• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo update - Bass Pro in Ashland

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

BP has a small supply of 9mm, .40 S&W and 45. Its Winchester Supreme Elite - 20 round boxes.

I know the 9mm was around $17.99 and the .40 was $20.99 a box. I had a frequent customer gift certificate so I got a box of .40 for about $4.00

hellfogg

imported post

I went there on Saturday and a good majority of their shelves were empty. I don't typically purchase ammo there, but I was curious to see their prices. Couldn't believe it when the shelves were just sitting there collecting dust...

hunter45

imported post

I bought 8 boxes of .40s at Wal Mart (Fair Lakes) Sunday night. They had at least 50 boxes in stock. Only $12.47 for 50 rounds of Blazer Brass ammo. Then I went over to Dick's and bought 10 boxes of 7.62x39 for $7.99 per box.

I went to Rockingham Coop yesterday thinking that ammo might be a little cheaper out here in the Valley. Wrong. Everything was at least $3-10 higher than it is in NOVA.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I bought 8 boxes of .40s at Wal Mart (Fair Lakes) Sunday night. They had at least 50 boxes in stock. Only $12.47 for 50 rounds of Blazer Brass ammo. Then I went over to Dick's and bought 10 boxes of 7.62x39 for $7.99 per box.

I went to Rockingham Coop yesterday thinking that ammo might be a little cheaper out here in the Valley. Wrong. Everything was at least $3-10 higher than it is in NOVA.
I've never shot Blazer before...how is it?

hunter45

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
hunter45 wrote:

I've never shot Blazer before...how is it?

I've had absolutely no problems with it. I've shot about 500 rounds of Blazer Brass through my Glock 22. My uncle shoots blazer through his Kimber and I haven't heard any complaints from him. I'd buy Blazer .45s if I could ever find any. Wal-Mart only has Blazer available in .40 and 9mm when I'm there (actually they usually don't even have .40s).

nova

imported post

I've used Blazer Brass in both 9mm and .40 with no problems. Good stuff.

ccunning

imported post

hunter45 wrote:

Which Dick's? I just went by the one in Manassas and all they had in 7.62x39 was Remington for $20 / 20. I guess I'll check out the one in Fair Lakes tomorrow.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I don't know how long this will last or what's really behind it.....but you might want to start stocking up on primers, powder and cases.

DarkHorse

imported post

I buy Walmarts blazer brass .40 s&w 180 grain. I have never had a problem with it. Usually around $13.00 for a box of 50. This is good range ammo. (has been put through my glock 22 and 23)

I have shot the same ammo in .45 acp through my ruger p90 ....again with no problems. I always get a box or 4 when I am there and it is in stock. I usually have at least 500 rounds of this at home at any given time. Just good cheap ball ammo.

darthmord

imported post

I've shot blazer brass in their 9mm spec. Works fine if a bit smelly in one of my 9 mm firearms. My smaller 9mm (one I use for CC)however hates it with a passion. I load up 5 rounds and 3 of them will jam with at least 1 casing stuck in the chamber/barrel area.

Yet I can shoot American Eagle 9mm in either without any problems or jams.The CC gun is well oiled, cleaned,and maintained. Range master suggested I may need to fire 500 - 1000 rounds through it before it's broke in. I've already put over 500 rounds through it. Still jams with Blazer but fires fine with American Eagle.

PMC works well enough. Jams a little bit (1 out of 20 rounds avg). My main 9mm eats any 9mm ammunition I give it.

Rey

imported post

Blue Ridge Arsenal has a new supply of Federal JHP, Hydra shoks 124gr. Didn't have what I needed in 7.62 though.

Marco

imported post

Dawson's was/is trying to charge >$40 a box for 20 round boxes of 40S&W.

Someone cleaned out the Walmart on Liberia the other day of all their 9mm and 40 S&W ammo.