• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

World Examiner providing FALSE information

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A web site called the world examiner, aparently a PRO firearms site, is providing falsae and misleading information.

Sheriff Gib Cady, 2009 President, stated, “We are constitutional officers who take an oath to uphold the constitution and we have decided to take a leadership role on this issue. This is the number one issue that our constituents talk to us about.” There are two states, Illinois and Wisconsin, which do not allow some sort of concealed or open carry. “The ISA has been neutral on this issue for years but the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision and the feedback and the experience from the other states has turned that tide. Out of 79 sheriffs responding to our survey, 90% of those sheriffs support concealed carry with the right type of restrictions, training and scrutiny. They also believe that local law enforcement should have the right to object to a permit application with justifiable cause,” said Sullivan. The resolution is as follows: Whereas​
Wisconsin does, as Mr. Krause has proven, allowopen carry. All members here need to take action to correct this false information. Call, write, fax, whatever:

Duringer, David

xb72859t738@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com

ATTN: WORLDEXAMINER.COM

c/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Phone: 570-708-8780

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Wisconsin does, as Mr. Krause has proven, allow concealed carry. All members here need to take action to correct this false information. Call, write, fax, whatever:
Did you really mean to say this?

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Wisconsin does, as Mr. Krause has proven, allow concealed carry. All members here need to take action to correct this false information. Call, write, fax, whatever:
Did you really mean to say this?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/4-us-states-mull-openly/story.aspx?guid={40EB02DB-902B-4181-A517-554741B21E63}

4 U.S. states mull openly carried guns
Last update: 9:45 p.m. EST Feb. 16, 2009 AUSTIN, Texas, Feb 12, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- Four Southern U.S. states may join much of the rest of the country in letting people carry handguns openly in a holster, gun-rights proponents say.

If Texas, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Arkansas pass "open carry" legislation, then only New York and Florida would bar carrying handguns openly, proponents say. The four states "are extremely gun-friendly," OpenCarry.org co-founder John Pierce tells USA Today.

"They understand the individual rights aspect," he says. "Yet for whatever reason, the carry laws in these states are restrictive."

OpenCarry's motto is "a right unexercised is a right lost."

The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution bars the infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

Most states ban concealed weapons, USA Today says. Illinois and Wisconsin ban carrying handguns entirely, the National Rifle Association says.

Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, tells the newspaper his group, which opposes open-carry laws, does not "want more people carrying guns either openly or concealed because the more guns you have in a situation, the more likely you are to get gun violence."

Texas Open Carry Work Group chairman Ian McCarthy, a student, says a concealed gun is uncomfortable during hot Texas summers, takes longer to draw in self-defense and won't deter a criminal.

"If a criminal sees you're armed, he's not going to mess with you," McCarthy says.

[line]
What should we take from the same disinformation coming out of both Ordinary California Citizens Concerned With Crime and out of the national reprobates ass

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

<sarcasm>
which is great if i stay at home and work and never go anywhere else

and i cant even carry at all to and from... since carrying in my vehicle is concealed carry.. so as long as criminals only rob my home or work.. im protected!

and of course the cops will always be there for me while im out and about
because open carry is disorderly.
</sarcasm>

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: