• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today is a good day to be armed in Tucson.

Dahwg

imported post

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/284706
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Two stabbings on the East Side this morning have police looking for the attacker who may also be linked to a third assault.

The attacks appear to have been unprovoked, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

He gave the following account:
The first attack was reported around 5:45 a.m. after a woman dropped off her 51-year-old visually impaired husband at a bus stop in the 7800 block of East Speedway, near Pantano Road.

The victim was waiting at the bus stop when he was attacked by the man who appeared to be "lying in wait," Pacheco said.

He was stabbed multiple times and taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The attacker ran away.

Approximately 15 minutes later, police were called to the 100 block of North Pantano, near East Broadway, where a 21-year-old man said someone attacked him and demanded money.

The victim tried to run away but the attacker followed him, punched him and knocked him to the ground.

It is unclear if the man got away with anything. A silver pickup truck was seen in connection with the incident.

The victim suffered a laceration to his forehead and is expected to recover.

The third incident was reported just before 9 a.m.

A victim walking in the 6600 block of East Broadway, near South Wilmot Road, was stabbed in the abdomen.

He lost a lot of blood and his wounds are considered life-threatening. The attacker ran away.

While police are confident that the stabbings are linked, they are not sure if the second attack is related because a vehicle was used and the suspect demanded property.

There was little to no conversation between the stabbing victims and the attacker.

"This individual should be considered armed and very dangerous," Pacheco said. "We have not determined a motive for these cowardly acts."

The suspect may be a transient and may be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, Pacheco said.

He is described as 30 to 40 years old, 5 feet, 8 inches tall and was wearing blue jeans with holes and a black Oakland Raiders shirt. He has a dark complexion and has short black hair.

The public is urged to be aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious activity to 911.

The department is utilizing bicycle and patrol officers, along with aggravated assault detectives in the search.

Dahwg

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Holy cow, glad I'm up in Salt Lake for the next two weeks...  Unfortunately, my 1911 is in 2nd Amend. Sports getting worked. 

You know, the cops wouldn't be looking for anything right now if one of those "vics" had been packing.

:celebrate:

There would however be an article about how some poor disadvantaged homeless person was recklessly shot in cold blood by that wicked conservative gun-owner. That's the Arizona Red Star for ya.

:cuss:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Holy cow, glad I'm up in Salt Lake for the next two weeks... Unfortunately, my 1911 is in 2nd Amend. Sports getting worked.

You know, the cops wouldn't be looking for anything right now if one of those "vics" had been packing.

:celebrate:

There would however be an article about how some poor disadvantaged homeless person was recklessly shot in cold blood by that wicked conservative gun-owner. That's the Arizona Red Star for ya.

Yeah... I can imagine Ann Brown's op-ed column: "Another homeless minority victimized by callouse white gunman on the streets of Tucson."

I wouldn't wrap a dead fish in that rag. Didn't seem to be any coverage of that incident on the local news last night either. (Might scare the snowbirds)

junglebob

imported post

I'm visiting here. Is it true that firearms aren't allowed in Saddlebrook? If so that's worse than Illinois, where I'm from.

We've recently had a resolution passed by the Illinois Sheriff's Association in support of concealed carry legislation. Can you believe that? Who knows maybe someday open carry will be allowed in Illinois, besides rural areas, when not in a vehicle.

I'm enjoying your great Arizona weather!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

junglebob wrote:
I'm visiting here. Is it true that firearms aren't allowed in Saddlebrook? If so that's worse than Illinois, where I'm from.

We've recently had a resolution passed by the Illinois Sheriff's Association in support of concealed carry legislation. Can you believe that? Who knows maybe someday open carry will be allowed in Illinois, besides rural areas, when not in a vehicle.

What's a Saddlebrooke? While you're here... if yer old enuff 'n not a felon... You can OC 'n experience freedom. You should be supporting the right to carry... not gettin' 'permission'. Oh... you can OC in a vehilcle here as well.

Dahwg

imported post

junglebob wrote:
I'm visiting here.  Is it true that firearms aren't allowed in Saddlebrook?  If so that's worse than Illinois, where I'm from.

We've recently had a resolution passed by the Illinois Sheriff's Association in support of concealed carry legislation.  Can you believe that?  Who knows maybe someday open carry will be allowed in Illinois, besides rural areas, when not in a vehicle.

Arizona has preemption. There may be communities that think they're above the law, but I guarantee they are not. Feel free to exercise your Second Amendment rights. Oh and CCNRs are not above the state constitution. ;)

AZkopper

imported post

From what I've seen, every day is a good day to be armed in Tucson, or Phoenix..heck anything south of Black Canyon City or Wickenburg.

AZkopper

imported post

From what I've seen, every day is a good day to be armed in Tucson, or Phoenix..heck anything south of Black Canyon City or Wickenburg.

junglebob

imported post

junglebob wrote:

Saddlebrook is a retirement community in Northeast Tucson my wifes sister lives there and mentioned something to that effect. I thought maybe it was some goofy covenant that they put in to keep "snow birds" from getting worried.

I had planned on taking my handgun along but couldn't find a suitable case for airline travel. It would have been fun to open carry in Arizona, I do it in Illinois in my rural "boony" neighborhood when out for walks with the dog.

Sonora Rebel, Sorry I couldn't lend supportby carrying while here.

GWbiker

imported post

Every day is a good day for OC in Tucson and the rest of Arizona.

Note: we still have a nut with a knife running around on the east side stabbing at people.

Dahwg

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Every day is a good day for OC in Tucson and the rest of Arizona.

Note: we still have a nut with a knife running around on the east side stabbing at people.

And hes' struck again it seems.
This guy had horrid SA. I don't turn my back until the threat is long gone. Let mom take care of the baby- I'm going to focus on the threat.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/crime/286163
Unprovoked stabbing is third on East Side
By Alexis Huicochea
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 03.27.2009
advertisement

Tucson police have intensified the manhunt for a person believed to have stabbed three people on the East Side without provocation.
The latest stabbing of a man who was with his wife and baby occurred early Thursday.
The department has now assigned more than 65 officers to the case in an effort to catch the man, who is possibly homeless.
"We are very concerned about these attacks because of the level of violence he exercises and how he attacks without hesitation," said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.
The latest incident was reported shortly before 1 a.m. behind the Walgreens on Broadway and Jessica, between Kolb and Wilmot roads.
A 25-year-old man drove his wife and infant to the Walgreens to buy diapers and, as they were leaving the parking lot, the baby began to fuss.
The man pulled into the parking lot of an apartment complex directly behind the store and got out to check on the baby. As he did so, he was approached by a man asking for a cigarette, he told police.
The victim said he did not have any cigarettes and turned his attention back to the baby.
The victim sensed the man continuing to approach, so he turned around and saw the man armed with a knife.
The man slashed the victim's hands.
The victim fell back into his car and the attacker stabbed him in the abdomen, police said. The victim was taken to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
Police say the victim's description of the attacker is similar to descriptions given after last week's stabbings.
The man, believed to be 35 to 45 years old, committed the other attacks March 17.
They now have a composite sketch.

286163-1.jpg

GWbiker

imported post

...here's another attack on an individual last summer. This time with a baseball bat. Yeah, a Louisville Slugger can do some serious damage. The victim remains in a coma while the perp is facing prison sentencing....

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/286629.php

Something to remind the anti gun crowd when they question an individual's need of a hand gun for personal protection.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Knife guy is gonna get shot sooner or later. 'Hope it's some citizen OC'r. Amazin' how he gets away... but people are oblivious.

Dahwg

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Knife guy is gonna get shot sooner or later. 'Hope it's some citizen OC'r. Amazin' how he gets away... but people are oblivious.

Too much of a coward to try to knife an OCer. But like I told a friend of mine the day he started stabbin':"If he would like to choose me, I'm willing to arrange a face to face meetin' between him and Jesus."

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I don't think it'll be Jesus. Da ol' debbil gonna git 'em!

The dude looks like Obama onna bender. :uhoh: