Thread: Discounted NRA memberships!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I know that we have quite a few new members here so I wanted to once again repeat this opportunity. As an authorized NRA membership recruiter, we can offer discounted memberships.

Just follow the link below and you can see the discount that is available!

http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XP019625

Jim

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Is there a disadvantage to the $10 Associate Membership they have versus the $25 (or $35) Membership, other than not getting a magazine?

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    Is there a disadvantage to the $10 Associate Membership they have versus the $25 (or $35) Membership, other than not getting a magazine?
    I dont think so. I think the magazine could be the only difference...unless I'm missing something.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

this should either be made a sticky or made into an ad-banner...

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    Only Life and above and tenured Annual members may vote. Newbies can't vote until their fifth year of continuous membership.

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    this should either be made a sticky or made into an ad-banner...
    That's not a bad idea. I usually just try to create a post every few months for the benefit of the new members.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I have seen these things for around $10, any one know where I can join at that price? Does that still give you the nra range discount?

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    I have seen these things for around $10, any one know where I can join at that price? Does that still give you the nra range discount?
    Go to the link ProShooter provided, under "Please select a term" click on "Junior/Distinguished Memberships" and the $10 associate member option should be there. I paid the $10, waited a few weeks for my NRA card in the mail, and next time I went to the range I handed them my green (non-member) range card with my NRA member card and they gave me the discount (and a new blue member card).

In a rush to get to work so I apologize for any mistakes

Post imported post

Just saw this, thought it might be worth posting...

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    Just saw this, thought it might be worth posting...

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/
    I saw that on another forum and I question whether or not it is legit.

As a recruiter, I get info from the NRA all the time and I've never heard of a free membership. I'd be suspicious of that until some real info comes out.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

That's a page on the official NRA Headquarters web site, Jim. What makes you think it's not "real info?"

~ Boyd

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    That's a page on the official NRA Headquarters web site, Jim. What makes you think it's not "real info?"

~ Boyd
    Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site. Also, I know of someone who called the NRA to ask about it and the NRA rep said that they had never heard of a free one year membership.

It may be perfectly legit. Its just odd that they didnt notify the recruiters about it.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site.
    There are ways to make fake pages look real, but if you manually type the URL (http://nrahq.org/nrabonus/) into the address bar of your browser, nobody can fake that without taking over the "directory servers" of the Internet. Not impossible, but only barely so. In other words, it's clearly a page on the NRA site, and not phishing.

ProShooter wrote:
    It may be perfectly legit. Its just odd that they didnt notify the recruiters about it.
    While I'm not an NRA basher, there have been plenty of times in my experience (and I'm sure in yours, too) where a certain amount of incompetence at NRA has reared its ugly head. I have no doubt this is an instance of the left hand and the right hand completely ignoring each other.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    TexasNative wrote:

~ Boyd
    Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site. Also, I know of someone who called the NRA to ask about it and the NRA rep said that they had never heard of a free one year membership.

I don't see anything about a free membership. Just bonus offers with membership.

:?
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Those bonuses aren't only for the free membership offer. All members get those bonuses.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    Those bonuses aren't only for the free membership offer. All members get those bonuses.

~ Boyd
    Again what free membership? The link says nothing about free membership I can see. It asks you to sign up for membership only as far as I know.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

I sent the nra a e-mail asking how "real" it is. Who knows, maybe they are just trying to get people in so the can brag about their membership?

It does seem like a legit page, I just wonder if the membership is real.

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    The link says nothing about free membership I can see.
    True, but if you select the option for "I want to accept the offer of a one-year NRA membership," you're taken to a page where you would "accept the offer of a one-year NRA gift membership." That looks like an offer for free one-year membership, but I'm not going to fill it out to find out for sure, since I'm already an NRA member, and I don't want to confuse the already-easily-confused membership office.

Post imported post

I just called and spoke to "Andrew" over this. I was assured it is a real page and not a con.

Post imported post

Isn't a free membership (if it exsisted) kinda against the whole idea anyway. I mean....isnt the idea we all give a little to help the nra keep up the fight for our 2nd ammendment rights? Not sure I would do it even it if we true.

Post imported post

DarkHorse wrote:
    Isn't a free membership (if it exsisted) kinda against the whole idea anyway. I mean....isnt the idea we all give a little to help the nra keep up the fight for our 2nd ammendment rights? Not sure I would do it even it if we true.
    Great thing about this country inst it? They made the choice to offer it, and i made the choice to accept their offer. The real question is why would they do this? To increase their numbers for political reasons? Maybe they want to let people try it out? Lets just say that someone does sign up with this and decides that when it comes time to renew they will pay the money? Or maybe through all the calls and mail they send out they will receive more money then they would have normally?

I think this is a good move for them. I think they will get a few regular members who might not have joined other wise.