• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discounted NRA memberships!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

tag

imported post

Is there a disadvantage to the $10 Associate Membership they have versus the $25 (or $35) Membership, other than not getting a magazine?

crazydude6030

imported post

I have seen these things for around $10, any one know where I can join at that price? Does that still give you the nra range discount?

tag

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
I have seen these things for around $10, any one know where I can join at that price? Does that still give you the nra range discount?
Go to the link ProShooter provided, under "Please select a term" click on "Junior/Distinguished Memberships" and the $10 associate member option should be there. I paid the $10, waited a few weeks for my NRA card in the mail, and next time I went to the range I handed them my green (non-member) range card with my NRA member card and they gave me the discount (and a new blue member card).

In a rush to get to work so I apologize for any mistakes

ProShooter

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
Just saw this, thought it might be worth posting...

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

I saw that on another forum and I question whether or not it is legit.

As a recruiter, I get info from the NRA all the time and I've never heard of a free membership. I'd be suspicious of that until some real info comes out.

TexasNative

imported post

That's a page on the official NRA Headquarters web site, Jim. What makes you think it's not "real info?"

~ Boyd

ProShooter

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
That's a page on the official NRA Headquarters web site, Jim. What makes you think it's not "real info?"

~ Boyd

Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site. Also, I know of someone who called the NRA to ask about it and the NRA rep said that they had never heard of a free one year membership.

It may be perfectly legit. Its just odd that they didnt notify the recruiters about it.

TexasNative

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site.
There are ways to make fake pages look real, but if you manually type the URL (http://nrahq.org/nrabonus/) into the address bar of your browser, nobody can fake that without taking over the "directory servers" of the Internet. Not impossible, but only barely so. In other words, it's clearly a page on the NRA site, and not phishing.

ProShooter wrote:
It may be perfectly legit. Its just odd that they didnt notify the recruiters about it.
While I'm not an NRA basher, there have been plenty of times in my experience (and I'm sure in yours, too) where a certain amount of incompetence at NRA has reared its ugly head. I have no doubt this is an instance of the left hand and the right hand completely ignoring each other.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

~ Boyd

Well, its easy to make a realistic looking page and link it back to an official site. Also, I know of someone who called the NRA to ask about it and the NRA rep said that they had never heard of a free one year membership.

I don't see anything about a free membership. Just bonus offers with membership.

:?

TexasNative

imported post

Those bonuses aren't only for the free membership offer. All members get those bonuses.

~ Boyd

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Those bonuses aren't only for the free membership offer. All members get those bonuses.

~ Boyd
Again what free membership? The link says nothing about free membership I can see. It asks you to sign up for membership only as far as I know.

crazydude6030

imported post

I sent the nra a e-mail asking how "real" it is. Who knows, maybe they are just trying to get people in so the can brag about their membership?

It does seem like a legit page, I just wonder if the membership is real.

TexasNative

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
The link says nothing about free membership I can see.
True, but if you select the option for "I want to accept the offer of a one-year NRA membership," you're taken to a page where you would "accept the offer of a one-year NRA gift membership." That looks like an offer for free one-year membership, but I'm not going to fill it out to find out for sure, since I'm already an NRA member, and I don't want to confuse the already-easily-confused membership office.

DarkHorse

imported post

Isn't a free membership (if it exsisted) kinda against the whole idea anyway. I mean....isnt the idea we all give a little to help the nra keep up the fight for our 2nd ammendment rights? Not sure I would do it even it if we true.