Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q U I Z ---- YOUR STATE GUN LAWS

Banned

Post imported post

Take the short quiz and read carefully ...

__________________________________________________ ______________

http://crime.about.com/od/quizyourst...State_laws.htm

__________________________________________________ ______________

How did you do ? :?

Post imported post

I don't know about other states but the questions are worded piss-poorly for Washington.

Regardless, I aced it....100%.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Tennessee Quiz - Dang I ACED it!!!!! :celebrate

I'm such a smart ass.

Post imported post

Easy test for those of us in Arizona. Answer NO to nearly every question.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    Easy test for those of us in Arizona. Answer NO to nearly every question.
    Same with the Tn quiz

Banned

Post imported post

Quiz - Oregon Gun Laws gQuestionList.WriteHTML(); That answer was not correct.
    The correct answer to:
    May the police limit carrying concealed handguns?
    is:
    No

Post imported post

Montana's a nice, resounding "NO" to each and every question.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Banned

Post imported post

Each state's answers are different for the same 10 questions .

Does anyone else hate the confusion of each state's gun laws ?

Then again each state being different is a better defense !

The Vinnie Barbarino --- " I'm so confused " approach .

If it ain't broke , you won't end up with parts left over .

Post imported post

I've taken this quiz before (Virginia) and take exception to the question: Are background checks required at gun shows? Their answer is no.

I've written to request this be corrected. Big surprise- no response and the same wrong answer appears.Intentional disinformation?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    I've taken this quiz before (Virginia) and take exception to the question: Are background checks required at gun shows? Their answer is no.

I've written to request this be corrected. Big surprise- no response and the same wrong answer appears.Intentional disinformation?
    Yeah, I took exception as well. Seems to me someone has an agenda.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Ambiguous question. Made me miss one. Are background checks required for privAte gun sales? Answer was yes.
    Only for hand guns. I answered no, most gun purchases are for long guns so that's what I went with. I knew Pa law but I guess they don't know how to ask a question.

Post imported post

Louisiana defintely has a wrong answer it.

May the police limit carrying concealed handguns?

They say the answer is "NO"

Yet Article 1, Section 11 of the Louisiana State Constitution states;

ยง11. Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Section 11. The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.

See ?

Well the police can't but the State can.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

SC: "May police limit carrying concealed hand guns?" The answer.com is incorrect.

Generally it is illegal to carry a gun in SC with some exceptions such as with a concealed weapons permit. You will be charged with a gun violation if caught CCW without a permit just as for OC.

The author of this quiz is a client of BCPGV

Post imported post

I started it for NC -

Is there a waiting period for handgun sales? Answered no, said I was incorrect. A *permit* is required - either a purchase or concealed carry permit, but there's no waiting period of which I'm aware.

Are background checks required at gun shows? Answer: from a dealer - yes, from a private individual, no. For private handgun sales a permit is required. (I answered no, since it's not always true).

Based on this and feedback from others, methinks there are more than a few errors in this quiz...

State Researcher

Post imported post

I don't know of any states that allow the police to limit anything. Their job is to enforce, that's all.

Anyway I've ran into that quiz before and, like others have said, it is poorly worded and sometimes just plain wrong. It doesn't differentiate between handgun and long gun sales, and it's obvious that the author has a very narrow concept of firearms laws in general.

I've thought about writing up a quiz about where you can and cannot carry a firearm in NC, but then I decided that no one would want to go through a 150+ question quiz online.

Banned

Post imported post

Only got a 60% and, unless someone can prove otherwise, it's the test that's wrong.

Not to mention the questions are vague and worded poorly.

Waiting period on gun sales? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if you have a permit, and yes if you don't have a permit.

Required to registser all guns with law enforcement? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a private sale of a long gun, and yes if it's a pistol.

Are background checks required for private sales? This one is all over the place. Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a long gun. Pistols must go through an FFL and a background check will be performed in that case.

As for police limiting concealed hanguns... as someone else said, the police don't limit anything, the law does. OC is also legal here, so if that's what that question meant then it is also wrong.

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    I don't know about other states but the questions are worded piss-poorly for Washington.

Regardless, I aced it....100%.
    yeah, that was pretty bad wasn't it.

100% over here too

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Only got a 60% and, unless someone can prove otherwise, it's the test that's wrong.

Not to mention the questions are vague and worded poorly.

Waiting period on gun sales? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if you have a permit, and yes if you don't have a permit.

Required to registser all guns with law enforcement? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a private sale of a long gun, and yes if it's a pistol.

Are background checks required for private sales? This one is all over the place. Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a long gun. Pistols must go through an FFL and a background check will be performed in that case.

As for police limiting concealed hanguns... as someone else said, the police don't limit anything, the law does. OC is also legal here, so if that's what that question meant then it is also wrong.

Got 80% 2 confusing Questions on Connecticut1 the waiting period depends on if it is a Rifle and you do not have permit there is a waiting period, second registeration, according to their site on DPS it says that rifles do not have to be registered. Or did I read wrong?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Crappy questions for Michigan as we have different laws depending on if it's a long gun or a handgun. The questions use the term "guns" to cover both. You don't need training in Michigan to buy a handgun, yet this quiz says you do. Just one example of the poor quality of this test.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned

Post imported post

Are there any Open Carry & Concealed Carry laws that each state shares ?

__________________________________________________ ___________

Perhaps we can come up with a universal common list .

__________________________________________________ ___________

Post imported post

80% (AZ), but one of the questions was ambiguous, at best. "Are NICS checks required at gun shows?" Answer on site is no, but the deeper answer is that if the gun is sold by a licensed FFL, then the answer is yes. The fact is, the vast majority of guns sold at a gun show are sold by FFLs.

Now, I think I heard somewhere that using NICS wasn't actually REQUIRED in Arizona (though I've never heard of any FFL that DIDN'T use it everytime), but I haven't been able to find any information on that anywhere. If true, then the question is still valid.

Regardless, the question seems meant to use the connotation of the "gun show loophole" to at best confuse, and at worst, to completely mis-respresent the current law.

Post imported post

The missouri quiz is wrong it ask if there is a waiting period on guns the answer is no.it said yes. do you need a permit to buy a handgun? no it said yes. is a back ground check required for private sales?no. it said yes.all three were wrong.

Post imported post

Well the AL was wrong, big surprise there I guess.

Police can limit my carrying, Hahhh, they can only arrest me after the fact!
    The sheriff can limit my ability to CC only.
    You might be able to argue the police can fabricate a crime, and you then
    loose your right to carry, but I doubt this was what the question is looking at.

But on the plus side they said that my child can have a full auto, where I
    need a fed tax stamp.
    Said there are no firearm restrictions on minors. So guess my kid is getting
    an assault weapon for christmas, just hope he lets his ol man fire it now and then.

Post imported post

The California Test has two incorrect answers:

Q: Is it required that you register all of your guns with law enforcement?

No, you are not required to register any of your long guns.

Q: Is a license or permit required to buy handguns?

No, you do not have to have a license or permit to buy a handgun.

Post imported post

Colorado's would be good if they had the right answers. BG checks are not required on private sales and the State Police have nothing to do with NICS checks. After the second wrong answer, I quit.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast