• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Q U I Z ---- YOUR STATE GUN LAWS

Phssthpok

imported post

I don't know about other states but the questions are worded piss-poorly for Washington.

Regardless, I aced it....100%.

GWbiker

imported post

Easy test for those of us in Arizona. Answer NO to nearly every question.

imported post

[font="verdana, geneva, helvetica"]Quiz - Oregon Gun Laws [/font]
gQuestionList.WriteHTML(); That answer was not correct.
The correct answer to:
May the police limit carrying concealed handguns?
is:
No

:uhoh:

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Each state's answers are different for the same 10 questions .

Does anyone else hate the confusion of each state's gun laws ?

Then again each state being different is a better defense !

The Vinnie Barbarino --- " I'm so confused " approach .

If it ain't broke , you won't end up with parts left over .

Armed

imported post

I've taken this quiz before (Virginia) and take exception to the question: Are background checks required at gun shows? Their answer is no.

I've written to request this be corrected. Big surprise- no response and the same wrong answer appears.Intentional disinformation?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed wrote:
I've taken this quiz before (Virginia) and take exception to the question: Are background checks required at gun shows? Their answer is no.

I've written to request this be corrected. Big surprise- no response and the same wrong answer appears.Intentional disinformation?
Yeah, I took exception as well. Seems to me someone has an agenda.

YllwFvr

imported post

Ambiguous question. Made me miss one. Are background checks required for privAte gun sales? Answer was yes.
Only for hand guns. I answered no, most gun purchases are for long guns so that's what I went with. I knew Pa law but I guess they don't know how to ask a question.

Dustin

imported post

Louisiana defintely has a wrong answer it.

May the police limit carrying concealed handguns?

They say the answer is "NO"

Yet Article 1, Section 11 of the Louisiana State Constitution states;

§11. Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Section 11. The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.

See ?

Well the police can't but the State can.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

SC: "May police limit carrying concealed hand guns?" The answer.com is incorrect.

Generally it is illegal to carry a gun in SC with some exceptions such as with a concealed weapons permit. You will be charged with a gun violation if caught CCW without a permit just as for OC.

The author of this quiz is a client of BCPGV

xdfan

imported post

I started it for NC -

Is there a waiting period for handgun sales? Answered no, said I was incorrect. A *permit* is required - either a purchase or concealed carry permit, but there's no waiting period of which I'm aware.

Are background checks required at gun shows? Answer: from a dealer - yes, from a private individual, no. For private handgun sales a permit is required. (I answered no, since it's not always true).

Based on this and feedback from others, methinks there are more than a few errors in this quiz...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I don't know of any states that allow the police to limit anything. Their job is to enforce, that's all.

Anyway I've ran into that quiz before and, like others have said, it is poorly worded and sometimes just plain wrong. It doesn't differentiate between handgun and long gun sales, and it's obvious that the author has a very narrow concept of firearms laws in general.

I've thought about writing up a quiz about where you can and cannot carry a firearm in NC, but then I decided that no one would want to go through a 150+ question quiz online.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Only got a 60% and, unless someone can prove otherwise, it's the test that's wrong.

Not to mention the questions are vague and worded poorly.

Waiting period on gun sales? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if you have a permit, and yes if you don't have a permit.

Required to registser all guns with law enforcement? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a private sale of a long gun, and yes if it's a pistol.

Are background checks required for private sales? This one is all over the place. Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a long gun. Pistols must go through an FFL and a background check will be performed in that case.

As for police limiting concealed hanguns... as someone else said, the police don't limit anything, the law does. OC is also legal here, so if that's what that question meant then it is also wrong.

bradco

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Only got a 60% and, unless someone can prove otherwise, it's the test that's wrong.

Not to mention the questions are vague and worded poorly.

Waiting period on gun sales? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if you have a permit, and yes if you don't have a permit.

Required to registser all guns with law enforcement? Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a private sale of a long gun, and yes if it's a pistol.

Are background checks required for private sales? This one is all over the place. Test says, yes. Correct answer is no, if it's a long gun. Pistols must go through an FFL and a background check will be performed in that case.

As for police limiting concealed hanguns... as someone else said, the police don't limit anything, the law does. OC is also legal here, so if that's what that question meant then it is also wrong.
Got 80% 2 confusing Questions on Connecticut1 the waiting period depends on if it is a Rifle and you do not have permit there is a waiting period, second registeration, according to their site on DPS it says that rifles do not have to be registered. Or did I read wrong?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Crappy questions for Michigan as we have different laws depending on if it's a long gun or a handgun. The questions use the term "guns" to cover both. You don't need training in Michigan to buy a handgun, yet this quiz says you do. Just one example of the poor quality of this test.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Are there any Open Carry & Concealed Carry laws that each state shares ?

Perhaps we can come up with a universal common list .