Thread: Questions concerning OC

Post imported post

Hello all new to the site.

Where to start. Currently living in Chicago doesnt allow for carrying of any type etc etc.

My question is this as the endless thread on the net havent provided a upfront answer. Or maybe I just lack at searching

My and a friend in June will be traveling to by car to SD then riding the motorcycles in South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Utah for vacation.

As a non resident am I allowed to open carry in these states while on the bike?
    Basically we are going to be seeing the scenic stuff and hitting up a lot state parks, etc.

Any help would be great as i continue my search patiently waiting for some assistance

thanks

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I didn't think you were allowed to own a handgun in Chicago. Has that changed? I know some of the surrounding places have altered their laws after Heller.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I didn't think you were allowed to own a handgun in Chicago. Has that changed? I know some of the surrounding places have altered their laws after Heller.

Nope nothing has changed but there is legal ways around it. To those questioning this yes my hand guns are in fact legal.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

c2m wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

Nope nothing has changed but there is legal ways around it. To those questioning this yes my hand guns are in fact legal.
    Good. You should know that to a Virginian, such behavior on the part of our employees (government) is pretty foreign. We can pretty much do as we please when it comes to buying, owning, and carrying firearms.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I get a real kick out of reading Illinois State Preemption:

“The provisions of any ordinance enacted by any municipality which requires registration or imposes greater restrictions or limitations on the acquisition, possession and transfer of firearms than are imposed by this Act, are not invalidated or affected by this Act”
    Like any municipality could get any stricter than can’t carry a gun the entire state.

Add: I forgot try this site for answers, don't forget to read up on the laws of each state, citesyou'll be passing through, stopping etc...as much as humanly possible.

http://handgunlaw.us/
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Just out of curiosity, what are the legal ways around the ban?

Post imported post

Lets just say there are a number of jobs that require carrying a weapon