• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions concerning OC

c2m

imported post

Hello all new to the site.

Where to start. Currently living in Chicago doesnt allow for carrying of any type etc etc.

My question is this as the endless thread on the net havent provided a upfront answer. Or maybe I just lack at searching

My and a friend in June will be traveling to by car to SD then riding the motorcycles in South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Utah for vacation.

As a non resident am I allowed to open carry in these states while on the bike?
Basically we are going to be seeing the scenic stuff and hitting up a lot state parks, etc.

Any help would be great as i continue my search patiently waiting for some assistance

thanks

c2m

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I didn't think you were allowed to own a handgun in Chicago. Has that changed? I know some of the surrounding places have altered their laws after Heller.
Nope nothing has changed but there is legal ways around it. To those questioning this yes my hand guns are in fact legal.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

c2m wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I didn't think you were allowed to own a handgun in Chicago. Has that changed? I know some of the surrounding places have altered their laws after Heller.
Nope nothing has changed but there is legal ways around it. To those questioning this yes my hand guns are in fact legal.

Good. You should know that to a Virginian, such behavior on the part of our employees (government) is pretty foreign. We can pretty much do as we please when it comes to buying, owning, and carrying firearms.

jbone

imported post

I get a real kick out of reading Illinois State Preemption:

“The provisions of any ordinance enacted by any municipality which requires registration or imposes greater restrictions or limitations on the acquisition, possession and transfer of firearms than are imposed by this Act, are not invalidated or affected by this Act”
Like any municipality could get any stricter than can’t carry a gun the entire state.:banghead:

Add: I forgot try this site for answers, don't forget to read up on the laws of each state, citesyou'll be passing through, stopping etc...as much as humanly possible.

http://handgunlaw.us/

c2m

imported post

Lets just say there are a number of jobs that require carrying a weapon