• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Irony?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Craigslist has a 'don't sell weapons' policy on their boards, they however, do not have rules against WANTED posts on their forums.

I'm in a very, umm.. shall we say hippie(?) area, notorious for their protests/riots/etc (World Bank/IMF/Port of Tacoma).

Ironic then, that these SAME people who bitch, moan, and complain about the government taking their rights, would FLAG MY 'WANTED' POST, in essence curtailing my 1st and 2nd amendment rights... About 8 times in the past 12 hours..

I also have seen this in other places, where people post about how they have the RIGHT to talk ,and how guns are so bad, and how the govt. is out to get them (tinfoil hat types, too much weed smoking), then wanna cry foul and call me all sorts of names when I want to speak about my beliefs in RTKBA.

Ironic, eh?

If we keep playing by the rules, and they keep cheating, we're gonna lose.

compmanio365

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Only the government is constrained by the First Amendment Right. A private entity may properly exercise its right of censorship.

+1, and CL has been known to be anti gun, pro hippie for some time now. The only thing I use it for is vehicle sales at this point. Don't like it, use another resource.

http://seattleguns.org/is one that many of us are using these days for the NW area.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I think I've coined a new phrase..

Hippie-crytes...

These people on CL are trying to tell me that 'offer for sale, or services, advertising of which is prohibited'

Means that I can't 'advertise', which a wanted ad is.

They can't comprehend that The sale or services which are prohibited can't be advertised, I'm not selling, I'm wanting...

Reading comprehension 101 vs. selective hearing (reading)