• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah non-resident concealed firearm permit class

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Icetera wrote:
Does that Bass Pro have a firing range? I cannot find anything other than the archery range mentioned and did not notice one while there.

Once I figure out my weekend plans, I may sign up for that class.
This Bass Pro does not have a firing range but live fire is not required for the permit.

curtiswr

imported post

I'd love to attend it but I still haven't applied for my permit here in VA, and I took the class with you several months ago back when you were still giving them in that hotel or whatever it was.

I've just been fine with OCing and don't have anything small enough to CC on my frame anyway. Guess that's an excuse to buy another gun, huh? :lol:

ProShooter

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I'd love to attend it but I still haven't applied for my permit here in VA, and I took the class with you several months ago back when you were still giving them in that hotel or whatever it was.

I've just been fine with OCing and don't have anything small enough to CC on my frame anyway. Guess that's an excuse to buy another gun, huh? :lol:

Thank you for your attendance. Our former location was at the Baymont inn as you remembered.

You can use your certificate from our class to apply for Va when you get a chance.

Jim

curtiswr

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
curtiswr wrote:

Thank you for your attendance. Our former location was at the Baymont inn as you remembered.

You can use your certificate from our class to apply for Va when you get a chance.

Jim
There's no time limit on it is there? The certificate doesn't expire, so-to-speak?

ProShooter

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
curtiswr wrote:

Jim
There's no time limit on it is there? The certificate doesn't expire, so-to-speak?

The Utah application must be sent in to Utah within one year of the date that I signed/stamped the application.

Our certificate that we gave you is good forever. Proof of training in Va never expires.