• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lafayette Gun Show

the wheeelman

imported post

Gonna drop by the Gun Show at the Heyman Center at some point and will be handing out an Open Carry In Louisiana F.A.Q. which I basically took from louisianacarry.org

If you think I should add anything or take anything out let me know. I have attached it to the post.

rmansu2

imported post

The only problem I see is that you say you will be handing these out. If that is the case, your links will not be accessable. This may cause some of the uninformed will not take you seriously. I know if you handed me something that said Click Here for more info I would laugh at you.

the wheeelman

imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
The only problem I see is that you say you will be handing these out. If that is the case, your links will not be accessable. This may cause some of the uninformed will not take you seriously. I know if you handed me something that said Click Here for more info I would laugh at you.

Thanks,I did notice that and have changed all of the link references to the actual link.

Anything else?

the wheeelman

imported post

Anyone else go to this and think the show was pathetic? Horrible horrible prices, actually almost insulting prices. Crap ammunition, crap guns!

JohnL

imported post

I skipped it. I'm not sure how bad it was, but I'll bet it couldn't be worse than the one in Alexandria two weeks ago. Very little in the way of ammo, reloading supplies or interesting old guns, and new firearm prices that would make GunBroker.com blush!

John

cajunpapapump

imported post

:cuss:Yea I got suckered in and went but like you said prices are unbelievable, way to high, bought some 40cal. ammo, kind of like the outlaw black talons except without the teflon coatings. was looking for another gun ar-15 type but they were way over priced on I seen at academy was 200 dollars cheaper than at the gun show for a used one.