Thread: Holster Idea

Post imported post

We just need some clear plastic Holsters. Then the gun is in no way concealed. I amaze myself.

Post imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
    We just need some clear plastic Holsters. Then the gun is in no way concealed. I amaze myself.
    I saw in one of the previous posts that a Mississippi judge was asked about using a screw on belt clip to avoid the concealment issue with a holster. IIRC his response was something like "Even without a holster, I still can't see the other side of the gun, so I wouldconsidered it concealed!"

So, you not only need a clear plastic holster, you need it mounted far enough out over a mirror so that both sides of the gun can be seen at the same time = no concealment.

State Researcher

Post imported post

whoopingllama wrote:

That'd be neat. If I'm not mistaken, though, the physical properties of clear plastics would make them impractical as a holster material. I would think they would be more brittle and less heat resistant, and even if that weren't the case, they'd scratch.

I've always thought the idea of a firearm being held only by magnets to be a neat one, but every design I've seen hasn't been very impressive. The main draw back is that the trigger would be exposed.

EDIT: Isn't it the ostrich that has the habit of assuming that if he can't see you, then you can't see it? I bet if someone checked, that judge would have sand in his ears :P.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    whoopingllama wrote:
    I saw in one of the previous posts that a Mississippi judge was asked about using a screw on belt clip to avoid the concealment issue with a holster. IIRC his response was something like "Even without a holster, I still can't see the other side of the gun, so I wouldconsidered it concealed!"

So, you not only need a clear plastic holster, you need it mounted far enough out over a mirror so that both sides of the gun can be seen at the same time = no concealment.
    Perhas the mirror should be mounted to the gun-otherwise it would be concealed as soon as you drew it. Hmm...perhaps large, shoulder mounted mirrors designed to reflect the area you'd hold the firearm when it's drawn?

Post imported post

Mount it to a helmet, visible on all sides! :celebrate As Charlie Brown would say, "Good grief!"

Post imported post

Make them prove there is another side of the gun first.
    Produce the witness who saw the gun had two sides to it.
    Till then the leo is making personal assumptions with no facts in evidence.

Post imported post

Ha ha ha!!! Yes.

Post imported post

If the judge feels that seeing only one side of something and not both means they are concealed was he not addressing the lawyer but merely talking to himself since he could only see one side of the lawyer not both and hence the lawyer was concealed? If he's talking to himself in court should he be removed from the bench?