• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Idea

whoopingllama

imported post

We just need some clear plastic Holsters. Then the gun is in no way concealed. I amaze myself. :)

Decoligny

imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
We just need some clear plastic Holsters. Then the gun is in no way concealed. I amaze myself. :)

I saw in one of the previous posts that a Mississippi judge was asked about using a screw on belt clip to avoid the concealment issue with a holster. IIRC his response was something like "Even without a holster, I still can't see the other side of the gun, so I wouldconsidered it concealed!"

So, you not only need a clear plastic holster, you need it mounted far enough out over a mirror so that both sides of the gun can be seen at the same time = no concealment.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

whoopingllama wrote:

That'd be neat. If I'm not mistaken, though, the physical properties of clear plastics would make them impractical as a holster material. I would think they would be more brittle and less heat resistant, and even if that weren't the case, they'd scratch.

I've always thought the idea of a firearm being held only by magnets to be a neat one, but every design I've seen hasn't been very impressive. The main draw back is that the trigger would be exposed.

EDIT: Isn't it the ostrich that has the habit of assuming that if he can't see you, then you can't see it? I bet if someone checked, that judge would have sand in his ears :p.

NightOwl

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
whoopingllama wrote:

I saw in one of the previous posts that a Mississippi judge was asked about using a screw on belt clip to avoid the concealment issue with a holster. IIRC his response was something like "Even without a holster, I still can't see the other side of the gun, so I wouldconsidered it concealed!"

So, you not only need a clear plastic holster, you need it mounted far enough out over a mirror so that both sides of the gun can be seen at the same time = no concealment.
Perhas the mirror should be mounted to the gun-otherwise it would be concealed as soon as you drew it. Hmm...perhaps large, shoulder mounted mirrors designed to reflect the area you'd hold the firearm when it's drawn?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Make them prove there is another side of the gun first.
Produce the witness who saw the gun had two sides to it. :cuss::cuss::cuss:
Till then the leo is making personal assumptions with no facts in evidence.

FE427TP

imported post

If the judge feels that seeing only one side of something and not both means they are concealed was he not addressing the lawyer but merely talking to himself since he could only see one side of the lawyer not both and hence the lawyer was concealed? If he's talking to himself in court should he be removed from the bench?