• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to shoot near Elizabethtown

les_aker

imported post

I've been using a black powder range near Senora, but it is closing at the end of the month. They couldn't maintain enough members to keep the place going. It's a really nice place and it's a shame that it's going to close.

Does anyone know of any places around E-town open to shooting? I'd rather not have to drive to Ft Knox (which is closed about 5 months of the year), or all the way to Knob Creek if at all possible.

KBCraig

imported post

I started to say that there are thousands of acres just north of town, and the current occupants are packing up and moving to Georgia. ;)

les_aker

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
I have my own range that some of us meet and shoot at times. Up to 140 yards.

Gimme a shout.:dude:25 minutes from downtown E Town.

Thanks. My parents live in E-Town. I visit a few times a year with the kids. I'm expecting to be there in late June. How about I drop you a note closer to then?

KBCraig

imported post

les_aker wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
I started to say that there are thousands of acres just north of town, and the current occupants are packing up and moving to Georgia. ;)
Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind.
Just make sure you're well away from that big white building on the corner. The one with all the fences and cameras and warning signs. ;)