• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Ban - What will you do?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Custom.45acp, We need to be very careful with our choice of words. Anybody else concerned about the deployment of Army soldiers in Alabama? How about the question of a standing battalion in Maryland?
Some one is responsible for sending the Army to Alabama, an unconstitutional act punishable by a prison sentence. Lets broadcast that. Make it known.
I don't want to make known my hold card, should the game go south. You have to do what you feel necessary for defense of yourself and the state.springerdave.
I was until the MP was on the radio explaining that they weren't army.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Wish the idiot interviewer would have asked him why he was wearing a miltary
uniform then, and cashing government checks. But as long as the MP's are not
part of the military I guess we have been worried about nothing.

When the local government needs assistence they are supposed to call on the mallitia,
Oh, thats right they locked them up in prison a couple years ago.
Didn't even charge the leader, Gov Riley, as their commander he should have
been the target.

conservative85

imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
Now that there’s something important to debate or at least a response to, everyone’s gone!

Oh we are here!,we just don't want to advertiseour intentions. but on the same hand I have no intentions of giving up any rights! Especially rights that were not given to me by man(only guaranteed),Regardless of what any one says (including the gifted tel-prompter speaking B.O.) The Declaration of Independence says that a free man has the Right & the Duty to abolish or remove any Govt. that breeches the ability of man to be free from Oppression. Even if it is found to be illegal to conspire or to actually remove the current Govt. that didn't stop the first revolution, and I highly doubt it will stop the next, and very long over due revolution.

P.S Please Ron don't show up for this revolution w/o a backbone!

custom.45acp

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
P.S Please Ron don't show up for this revolution w/o a backbone!

Wish there was a little more backbone on this thread! They're a little conservative here.

The fear of Big Brother watching has gotten to a lot of people. BOO!

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Custom, I'm not much of a card player but, to use the analogy- I'd rather play my cards close to the vest than to lay my cards out for all to see. Some at the table may not have my best interests in mind. I should like to think that when push comes to shove, I'll be able to fend off oppression with others such as conservative85 because the oppressors may not know our whole plan. Some things are better left unsaid, publicly. springerdave.

custom.45acp

imported post

I, like you, am NOT willing to show my cards. (But this is why I prefer to CC as opposed to OC - keep the goods hidden until the appropriate time.) I am not here looking for or recruiting people for a militia to revolt. (As discussed in PM, it is fun watching other forums debate the issue - some with explicit details. But they don't have a political agenda there and can freely talk about anything - know what I mean?)

I was merely interested in people's concerns and thoughts, maybe a little conversation about the REAL possibility of Gun control at an extreme.

:lol:

Custom.45acp

springerdave

imported post

OK, I don't have a problem with that. What I see as the real problem with gun control is complaisance. Our representatives have done what they have for so long (with our permission) that they think it is right to restrict us. We need to take them to task and let them know that We The People are in fact in charge. We need to clean House. And we need to clean Senate. We need to make those who represent us aware that we are fed up with them not listening to US. They have taken away the gold standard and replaced the private banks with Nationalized banks. They want to take control of health-care and Nationalize it. We are on the verge of the birth of The Fourth Reich and I am not liking it one bit. Nationalize, Socialize, Peoples State, Freikorps, Workers Party. It all sounds like history is repeating it's self. Next after firearm registration comes confiscation:uhoh:. I heard you say that you are not looking for a militia for revolt, but what I see happening is certainly revolting. We need to get the word out to the firearms owning lefties and the complacent right as to what needs to be done at the next oppertunity at the ballot box. I personaly know of union workers that want it both ways. They want their hunting guns and their form of socialized employment too:banghead:. I'll stop now before I really let you know how I feel! Rant off. Let it hit the fan now.springerdave.

conservative85

imported post

Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do. T. Jefferson

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315

custom.45acp

imported post

Here, I have an idea.

How many people do you think will gather for the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment walk? 1 million? 10 million? Of those numbers, how many will take a plane or drive there?

DON’T GO! WHY? What hurts more, 10 million showing up at your doorstep or 10 million people donating those same funds to travel to that destination and hotel expenses towards the cause IN COURT?

If you had intentions of spending $1000 in travel and hotel expenses, DON’T.

Donate this money to an organization that will fight tooth and nail for our cause! Why give those cities the revenue in tourism when it can be used in court to get this done properly? Is there a probability that people will be arrested during the course of this demonstration, YES! Again, more funds going to the government with negative impact against the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment!

We need to develop a non-profit organization that will dedicate itself to fighting for our rights, not by demonstrations, but in the courts! Why go to a city that doesn’t allow you to carry? The only people carrying will be the one’s that supposedly enforce the ill rational laws! Take it to a neutral playing field, in the court, where there are NO guns!

If there are 1,000,000 people planning to travel to DC, at an average cost of (let’s low ball it) $500 (plane ticket and hotel) that would equate to $500,000,000 towards the cause in court. I would expect that we would have enough to get a decent attorney and play in court for a little while.

Just out of curiosity, do you think there are any gun or ammunition manufacturers that might want to assist? Or, gun clubs? We might even get a few contributions for people in Illinois, Wisconsin, California or any other state that doesn’t condone the right to carry!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
Here, I have an idea.

How many people do you think will gather for the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment walk? 1 million? 10 million? Of those numbers, how many will take a plane or drive there?

DON’T GO! WHY? What hurts more, 10 million showing up at your doorstep or 10 million people donating those same funds to travel to that destination and hotel expenses towards the cause IN COURT?

If you had intentions of spending $1000 in travel and hotel expenses, DON’T.

Donate this money to an organization that will fight tooth and nail for our cause! Why give those cities the revenue in tourism when it can be used in court to get this done properly? Is there a probability that people will be arrested during the course of this demonstration, YES! Again, more funds going to the government with negative impact against the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment!

We need to develop a non-profit organization that will dedicate itself to fighting for our rights, not by demonstrations, but in the courts! Why go to a city that doesn’t allow you to carry? The only people carrying will be the one’s that supposedly enforce the ill rational laws! Take it to a neutral playing field, in the court, where there are NO guns!

If there are 1,000,000 people planning to travel to DC, at an average cost of (let’s low ball it) $500 (plane ticket and hotel) that would equate to $500,000,000 towards the cause in court. I would expect that we would have enough to get a decent attorney and play in court for a little while.

Just out of curiosity, do you think there are any gun or ammunition manufacturers that might want to assist? Or, gun clubs? We might even get a few contributions for people in Illinois, Wisconsin, California or any other state that doesn’t condone the right to carry!

All interesting points and are valid.

My thoughts area large march on DC would be of great benefit to the pro-gun cause. Public awareness, Sends a message to our legislators, brings a sense of spirit de corps, brings gun-ownership out of the closet. DC is not the only rally that day, it's hoped that each state will have a rally at their capital.

It's planned that MOC will be helping to organize the Lansing event. So if you can't afford to go to DC, you can go to Lansing and spend money in your state and carry your firearm as allowed by Michigan state law. If a 1,000,000 are in DC, lets have several thousand in Lansing.

It's easy to give money to a cause but it's harder to physically put in the effort to attend one of the rallies, attending in person I feelsends a bigger message to the lawmakers of this country.

custom.45acp

imported post

I wonder how many people will go here (there) with good intentions, get arrested and lose the right to carry forever?

In my equation, raising and spending $500 million to fight (and possibly win) the battle in a court room WILL get publicity. Don't you think? Or, maybe just not the same type of publicity?

I'm curious. ;)..... I'm just looking at other options, that's all.

Venator

imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
I wonder how many people will go here (there) with good intentions, get arrested and lose the right to carry forever?

In my equation, raising and spending $500 million to fight (and possibly win) the battle in a court room WILL get publicity. Don't you think? Or, maybe just not the same type of publicity?

I'm curious. ;)..... I'm just looking at other options, that's all.
Why are you so sure people will be arrested? I'm sure some may if there are protesters (anti-gun) there, but I doubt any pro-gun people will be. This is a peaceful march. And unless it's a felony arrest how do they lose their right to carry? I would think most arrests, if any, are misdemeanors.

Five hundred million would be useful for a hell of a court case and it's something that is worth considering. My point is, there is some value with having thousands of people exercise a right to address grievances on a more visceral level, i.e., in person. A large wave of humanity saying enough is enough sends a strong message.

But each person is left to do what he/she feels is best.

springerdave

imported post

Gentlemen, I plan on going to Lansing on April 15th, 2009 to show my support for the Tea Party movement. I also plan to attend the Second Amendment March in Lansing next April unless the powers in D.C. somehow allow a person to go armed. I will boycott D.C. until I may be armed there as I do The Peoples Republic of Illanoid.springerdave.

PT111

imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
I'm curious. There's a huge push for concealed carry, open carry and a lot of people in Michigan and around the country standing up for those rights.

What happens when we lose the right to own guns? What happens when they come to your door asking for your guns?

Custom.45acp
I really have no freaking idea and as much rhetoric and bravado as is spilt around here no one else knows until it actually happens. Right now it is all chest thumping until they actually knock on our doors. Then the truth will arise.

Venator

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Gentlemen, I plan on going to Lansing on April 15th, 2009 to show my support for the Tea Party movement. I also plan to attend the Second Amendment March in Lansing next April unless the powers in D.C. somehow allow a person to go armed. I will boycott D.C. until I may be armed there as I do The Peoples Republic of Illanoid.springerdave.
As of now I plan on the April 15th rally in Lansing. There is a thread started on this.

aceofspades3ss3

imported post

When they come knocking on my front door for my guns. A few hundred rounds is gonna answer it.That is If I can't sneak around the house and welcome them from behind.

FogRider

imported post

Venator wrote:
Why are you so sure people will be arrested? I'm sure some may if there are protesters (anti-gun) there, but I doubt any pro-gun people will be. This is a peaceful march. And unless it's a felony arrest how do they lose their right to carry? I would think most arrests, if any, are misdemeanors.

Five hundred million would be useful for a hell of a court case and it's something that is worth considering. My point is, there is some value with having thousands of people exercise a right to address grievances on a more visceral level, i.e., in person. A large wave of humanity saying enough is enough sends a strong message.

But each person is left to do what he/she feels is best.
It's hard to gauge stuff like that. But it's possible that the cash spent at the protest will make it so it won't need to be spent in lawsuits.