• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Taking guns off the streets...." Taking euphemisms out of the discussion..

Dutchman

imported post

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helv"]Y'know when the media/anti's/all the others who use this expression of "taking guns off the streets...", its time we force them to start talking in plain English and say what they mean.

This is a really good place to start.

All day today I went driving around this city looking for guns in the streets. I never did see one. Where is it that guns are in the streets? What city? If they're in the streets its finders keepers isn't it? They wouldn't call that stealing would they? (I'm using "they" as a generic "them" cited in the first paragraph. I'm not referring to an imaginary "they" as cited in the official state diagnostic manual for the psychiatric diagnosis of *psychosis* where the use of "they" and "them" without clear and proper They or Them is prohibited by law).

If there aren't guns on the streets then just where are "they" meaning when they say they want to take guns off the streets?

The "streets" is a public place. Lots of things you can't do "in the street" least you get yourself arrested (unless you live in a rural state on a dirt road where the neighbors won't see...).

So I was pondering on this while filling up the gas tank on the car (isn't is great that gas is only $2.50 a gallon again?) after driving around looking for guns on the streets.... and I had this thing....I think "they" call it an epiphany (revelation if you're Baptist) and there it was staring me in the face like a cop with a gun at midnight in a bad mood.

They don't mean "streets" at all.

When they say they want to take guns off the streets they really mean they want to take guns from your home. From your hands. And if you insist, from your cold dead hands.

Why don't they say what they mean?

And why don't we illustrate a wee bit o'literacy and call a spade a spade unless what we see is a f'ing shovel.

Here's another problem we solved by taking it off the streets...

isonersatCrowagencyMontana1887-vi.jpg

Dutch

[/font]

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Dutch51 wrote:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helv](isn't is great that gas is only $2.50 a gallon again?)
[/font]

Unless you're buying 93, you're getting ripped off. I just paid $1.85.

Excellent point though. Never looked at it like that, and it is pretty profound when you do.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Guns are tools of street criminals. There is no mention of taking criminals off the streets or the root causes of criminality on the streets. I s'pose it's root cause for anything... 'Cause and effect. Guns offer an immediate graphic for the sheep to identify. No guns... all else is sweetness and light. Simplistic solutions to complex problems from the simple minded.

What if.... the sheep were armed as well? What a concept. But that would make the criminals jobs harder... even dangerous. It would deprive politicians of power... It would reduce the police to just a public servant.What if the streets were filled with openly armed, law abiding citizens? What would the criminals do? But... this would deprive the pols of the 'get the guns off the streets' mantra. Uh oh... now what do they focus on?Root causes?Ahhhh that's too so non-PC... even ugly under all the veneer.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Adolf Hitler

" All propaganda has to be popular and has to meet the comprehension of the least

intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach ."

Bill Clinton sold machine guns to the Mexican government . Where are the

serial numbers from the captured guns from the drug cartel ?

China , Russia , South America , North Korea , and several ammunition plants

in Mexico are supplying ... THE GUNS ON THE STREETS

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Adolf Hitler

" Make the lie big , make it simple , keep saying it , and

eventually they will believe it . "

The AWB is an emotional lie that has been used on the simple

inorder to undermine the 2nd amendment .

Show us the SERIAL NUMBERS on the captured drug cartel's

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION ON THE STREETS of our southern border .

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Adolf Hitler

" Make the lie big , make it simple , keep saying it , and eventually they will believe it . "
We all have access to a number of compendia of Hitler quotes. It is also not possible to accurately say that Hitler did not say what you attribute to him without examining all of his crap. Provide a publicly accessible citation.

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels
That is of course rather painful for those involved. One should not as a rule reveal one's secrets, since one does not know if and when one may need them again. The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous. * "Aus Churchills Lügenfabrik" ("Churchill's Lie Factory"), 12 January 1941, Die Zeit ohne Beispiel (Munich: Zentralverlag der NSDAP., 1941), pp. 364-369
And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... Doug Huffman ...

Your quote now makes perfect sense .

It was Hitler quoting Goebbel quoting Churchill with a dark twist .

It suddenly reminds me of the T E L E P R O M P T E R ...

Is Axelrod the author of the words spoken by our president ?

What do you think of the propaganda of using the words GUNS ON STREETS

instead of criminals on the streets ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... Doug Huffman ...

Perhaps David Axelrod can get the serial numbers for the

BAZOOKAS & GERNADES & MACHINE GUNS

President Bill Clinton sold to the Mexican government

when Clinton signed the NAFTA agreement . The criminals

holding the illegal weapons on the streets at our southern border

must be handled properly .