• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a double standard

suntzu

imported post

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1717498#post1717498

well law enforcement knows how we feel, so why do they choose to make a big stink from a citizen carrying a gun the way many of them do--OC especially, but CC included?

many of them act like we shouldn't sue when they violate our rights or falsely arrest us--and yet some of them here on this board that I provided the link to speaks of doing that exact thing in order to educate ignorant LEOs as to the laws they are supposed to already know....

oh the double standard many of them have..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Reading that threat at the link you posted, it sounds a lot like the guys on this forum. Who knows, some of them may BE guys on this forum. After all, they are just a bunch of guys that happen to have the same job.

I once met a guy at McDonald's that was so stupid, he literally couldn't make a burger without pickles. He just didn't understand. Oddly enough, every other McD's I've ever been to, they've been able to make a burger sans pickles. Just because you find an idiot in a uniform, you can't assume that every other person in that same uniform is going to be an idiot.

Sheriff

imported post

Read repy 8, 9 and 10.

If we talk about suing a cop here in these forums, you're just in it for the money.

But if they sue a fellow cop....... it's for education and punishment.

disclaimer: be advised most people over there who like to give

the appearance of being a full time law enforcement officer............ aren't.

Sheriff

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Just because you find an idiot in a uniform, you can't assume that every other person in that same uniform is going to be an idiot.
But.... could the rest make a burger without pickles? :lol:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Just because you find an idiot in a uniform, you can't assume that every other person in that same uniform is going to be an idiot.
But.... could the rest make a burger without pickles? :lol:

Burger without pickles??? No way.. burgers with pickles (dill chips) are a MUST.

(and it goes without saying that since this an open carry forum, making the burgers while carrying is also a must)