• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 AM Saturday 3/21/09

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Last week there was http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/23020.htmlwhich resulted in
After action report:

Great breakfast interaction - best in weeks and the coffee was hot!

ClumsyCandy and her "traveling companion" made our day. Good to meet you both - you make a nice couple. I really believe that women OCing are our best public relations tool and today the WH was graced with a pair of those strong, independent self-reliant souls.

As you two left, you missed the highlight of the day - four pairs of eyes followed your departure all the way to your vehicle. One of the ladies suggested that "she must be a police officer." I spoke up and simply replied. "She's not."

The lady looked down & saw mine and said, "Can you do that here?" That opened up a very positive exchange - they were from Delaware and we discussed the differences of the laws between the two states.

Before we departed, everybody in the WH knew that there were four people OCing there today. Stand up conversations, trips to the restrooms and paying at the counter pretty well insured that and there was not the first negetive word expressed.

Best compliment of the week received from a very tall gentleman in the booth opposite me when he asked what type of gun I was carrying and said it was the prettiest he had ever seen.

The interaction, the opportunity to show the public that we are indeed the good guys and gals is a primary reason for having these breakfast meet-ups. That and everybody needs to eat anyhow - and I ain't going to do it naked.
and then ClumsyCandy said

That's awesome Grapeshot! Thanks for the heads up! I was aware of looks I was getting, but that, wow really that's awesome! And thanks for the clarification in my absence!

More people should join our breakfasts, it really was good, and getting the googly eyes always makes my day : ). :what:

And Grape, your gun is lovely! :lol:

followed by me saying
Drat!

The one Saturday I decide to go and attend a gun training session new and exciting people come out of the woodwork and show up for breakfast. If it were not for the fact that I'm paranoid I'd think it was a conspiracy or that everybody just hates me.;)

Glad that Grapeshot is finally geting to meet new people - maybe he will decide to get some table manners.
which got me
They heard that you'd be out of/on the range so they felt safe coming out.

My manners must have been tolerable as got more :) than :shock: or :X.
so I'm going to set aside my paranoia and just accept the fact that you are all out to get me.

But in spite of that, I'm going to go out to breakfast Saturday morning. Hope to see you at IHOPs - we'll be in the back room. Look for the table with lots of coffee.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OC Breakfast, Sat. March 21st, 9:30 AM

IHOP Restaurant next to VSP headquarters on Midlothian Trpk.
7714 Midlothian Trpk
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 327-1650

Get directions

There has been a request for non-smoking seating so I am taking it upon myself to designate this Saturdays meet-up as a smoke free event. Many/most of our dinners are similar so I don't see this as a problem.

Understand we might have a newbie too - look forward to meeting him - and maybe a younger, future advocate - hope to meet her also.

And yes by popular acclimation, I will OC my pretty gun. :)

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Yes I will be there, with two extras, possibly three! Number three being a newbie! So let's try not to scare him off! :lol:
I'll tell Skidmark to take his meds. :D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Hey Dale, thanks for drawing on me at the McDonald's on Midlo this week.
That was a magic marker in my hand! :lol: Thought somebody wanted my autograph.

Besides you are the one who slide your truck in behind mine.

What you did not see was my back up (3 of them) coming out of McDs behind you.
At least two CC and one other OCer there most mornings.

I guess I can run but can't hide though, huh?

Come grab breakfast with us.

Yata hey

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
Hey Dale, thanks for drawing on me at the McDonald's on Midlo this week.
That was a magic marker in my hand! :lol: Thought somebody wanted my autograph.

Besides you are the one who slide your truck in behind mine.

What you did not see was my back up (3 of them) coming out of McDs behind you.
At least two CC and one other OCer there most mornings.

I guess I can run but can't hide though, huh?

Yata hey

It'shard to hide with thatflashy sport-model rigof yours with the distinct license plate, "Yata Hey".

I might be able to make it for breakfast good buddy. I might take my family out. Me, the wife and our 4 month old.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
snip.....
snip....
I might be able to make it for breakfast good buddy. I might take my family out. Me, the wife and our 4 month old.
That would be great - we'll save room for you and look forward to seeing the wee one too.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Yes I will be there, with two extras, possibly three! Number three being a newbie! So let's try not to scare him off! :lol:
I'll tell Skidmark to take his meds. :D

Yata hey

I'll stop at the pharmacy counter on the way out of the institure on my way to breakfast. I think I can talk themout ofa double dose.

I'm gonna drag out the fancy court/BBQ wheelgun for this. Might even put shoes on, too.

stay safe.

skidmark

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife, and my infant daughter will accompany me to IHOP. We will have our own table, because we need some husband and wife luvy duvy time, but I willsay hey to everyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We will be near the back room - but outside the smoke pit.

Will see if we can save you a booth nearby for quality time. :)

Yata hey

ufe20

imported post

I have to do some work tomorrow and that IHOP is on the way, so you'll see me there. It'll be nice to have something to look forward to crawling out of bed on a Saturday other than work lol. Besides, who can resist all you can eat pancakes???:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ufe20 wrote:
who can resist all you can eat pancakes???:celebrate
We'll keep the coffee hot, the pot full and save you a place too.

Yata hey

7714 Midlothian Trpk
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 327-1650
Walk-ins welcome
Get directions

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Spectre wrote:
Haven't been able to make it to a get together in a while. Gonna try to make this one.
Well you know how to find us - bring your appetite.

We will be sitting right between :shock: and the :uhoh: but by the time we leave most everybody is :lol:.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
I will be there, now with +4! Still a maybe on #5! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Fantastic - you may be our best recruiter yet.

Looks like the head count is running between 12 & 14 now.

Yata hey

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
I will be there, now with +4! Still a maybe on #5! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Fantastic - you may be our best recruiter yet.

Looks like the head count is running between 12 & 14 now.

Yata hey
Well being cute and armed helps! LOL :lol:

And two of those will be children, girls! Bring your kids!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

7714 Midlothian Trpk
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 327-1650
Walk-ins & children welcome
Get directions