• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you polish your holsters?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I can't quote anything at the moment, but I've heard multiple times that properly made leather holsters are not meant to be polished or treated. They should be cleaned, though.

Leather polish will rub off on your clothing and anything you rub the holster against,like your car seat or sofa. Leather treatments, and some polishes, will soften the leather. This is great for shoes or boots, but not so much for a holster that's meant to maintain its shape.

Anyway, that's what I have come to understand. Please correct me if I'm wrong lol.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mike M. wrote:
I do about once a month or so. I figure if I'm dressed to appear presentable, and look neat and clean, then my holster will be polished just as my boots.
What kind of leather holster do you have? My Galco leather holster is the longest running holster in my collection, and it still looks as presentable and "polished" as the day I got it.