• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reporter Seeking Open Carriers in San Diego

rjreports

imported post

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is a repeat for some of you who may have seen this post over at Calguns.

I'm a reporter for the San Diego Reader and am looking for open carriers to interview about open carrying and their experiences. If anyone is interested or has questions for me, I can be reached at rjreports@gmail.com, as I cannot always check this forum for questions.

Thanks so much,
Rosa

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I hope we can respond a little more sanely to this request here.

At Calguns, the general sentiment is:

itsatrap.jpg

I disagree. I think we should welcome the opportunity to get some media exposure. Of course, there are certain precautions that are prudent in all interactions with the media, such as audio/video recording the entire interview for our own uses.

rjreports

imported post

Thanks, CA_Libertarian.

I'm open to a tape-recording of any interviews I conduct, FYI.

Best,
Rosa

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I hope for you Californian's sake that the resulting story turns out better than the one in MN - where the editor (presumably) turned the reporter's balanced story upside-down.

pullnshoot25

imported post

I am setting up the interview with Rosa and I think it will be a good one. She is even going to the range with us afterwards so that is going to be fine.

I am working on getting my brother and Flintlock Tom to join along.