Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Ammunition

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

The Super Walmart in Mechanicsville got a shipment today. It was mostly gone when I got there.

I checked Walmart at Parham and Brook and they had some 9mm and 223.

I set up a forum to post ammo information in different parts of the state. If you go somewhere that sells ammunition, check to see what they have and post it for others.

It appears that someone is getting inside information about shipments and buying everything up. I have to confess I bought all the Blazer .40 they had. I don'yt have a 40 but it will be good trading material.

The site is:
    http://www.oldva.org/ovaforum/viewforum.php?f=4

Post imported post

You have it password protected....

Post imported post

Damn...I put it up quickly. I'll change it now. Sorry!

Post imported post

They lady at the gun counter at the Wal-Mart in Harrisonburg says they aren't getting any ammo shipments, and won't be getting any for a while.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    They lady at the gun counter at the Wal-Mart in Harrisonburg says they aren't getting any ammo shipments, and won't be getting any for a while.

I was told by the manager at my walmart that the government bought up all or most of their ammo supply.. :what:

I dont know!

Post imported post

Forum is unlocked NOW!

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:

I was told by the manager at my walmart that the government bought up all or most of their ammo supply.. :what:

I dont know!
    I was told the same thing by a Wal*Mart in Manassas.

Post imported post

Two days ago the wal-mart in fairlakes had around 50 boxes of .40... today they had about 7 boxes of .40 but seemed to have gotten some 9mm WWB in. If your looking for some 9mm wwb fairlakes has about 50 boxes in stock.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

You people do realize that there is a shooting war going on in the middle east, right. Strangely enough the government likes to be certain our solders have a supply of ammo on hand just in case they might need it.

If all of you want ammo, might I suggest you buy a press and assemble your own. It is cheap, it is easy, and it does not depend on the same supply train that the government is using.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    You people do realize that there is a shooting war going on in the middle east, right. Strangely enough the government likes to be certain our solders have a supply of ammo on hand just in case they might need it.

If all of you want ammo, might I suggest you buy a press and assemble your own. It is cheap, it is easy, and it does not depend on the same supply train that the government is using.
    I realize that, but I also know I don't have the time nor the money to get started in doing my own reloading. I'd rather just buy the ammo when i need it for the range. I planned to hit the NRA range tomorrow night so all 200 round i bought today will be used then. I dont hoard or buy just to buy.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

ummmmm... We (soldiers) do not get our ammunition from Wal-Mart. :?

Most of our small arms ordinance comes from the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri.

globalsecurity.org/military/facility/aap-lakecity.htm
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

Given that when I was looking at ammo sites yesterday almost all of them were posted that due to extraordinarily high demand shipments were delayed days or even weeks, I don't think the military is the problem.

I think the primary problem is plain and simple hoarding and panic buying overwhelming the supply chain. I heard today that even some area LE dept are buying extra stocks of ammo. This will be a self-perpetuating problem for a while as low supplies cause people to buy higher quantities until price, supply and/or demand moderate and allow the market to stabilize.

If I can find it for a semi-reasonable price, I need to pick up a few hundred rounds of target ammo for the next range trip and 100 rounds of SD ammo for each primary SD sidearm as it is time for the annual rotation. In other words, my typical ammo buying. I'll try not to add to the strain.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Someone on another website, who buys and sells weeklyand is an active seller on abig gun website, recently posted he had 20,000 rounds of assorted ammo. How many others are there out therewho don't bragabout their cache who have similar or moreamounts?GREED rears it's ugly head. These cuties figure if TSHTF they will be able to sell it for who knows how much.

Post imported post

tripledipper wrote:
    Someone on another website, who buys and sells weeklyand is an active seller on abig gun website, recently posted he had 20,000 rounds of assorted ammo. How many others are there out therewho don't bragabout their cache who have similar or moreamounts?GREED rears it's ugly head. These cuties figure if TSHTF they will be able to sell it for who knows how much.
    Uh...dipper....20,000 rounds of assorted ammo, is not all that much.
    I really have no idea exactly how much I do have but it is close or higher than that. Think about it.
    I can think of at least 10,000 rounds of .22LR's I have and have rounds for every gun I own. I buy ammunition for the Ar's and Ak's by the thousand round case and if It's a good deal, buy several cases at a time.

I bought 700 rounds of Blazer .40 yesterday and I don't even own anything that will shoot them (I figure the price will go up)

It's just not that much.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Since when does the United State Imperial Army use .308 and 7.62x39?

Which are generally manufactured overseas and imported anyhow?

.223 and 5.56 NATO, sure. 9MM Parabellum, maybe.

45, 22, 357? No way in hell. These calibers are also disappearing. Military munitions aren't the only ones flying off shelves and experiencing shortages, so the argument that ALL of the ammunition is being sent to fight insurgencies is bunk.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Bass Pro just got a huge shipment today, but it's moving fast. The guy in front of me bought 8 boxes of 55 grain .223. The guy before him bought 40 boxes of .223. Nine mm is moving fast and I imagine will be depleted by tomorrow morning. They still have tons of UMC .223 for sale @ 9.99 a box. Fourty five was very scarce, they had a couple of boxes of high end defense .45, but not much FMJ.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

Dawson's in Woodbridge has plenty of ammo in stock.
    The fact they are charging >$40 for a 20rd box of HP/Powerball might be the reason.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:

I realize that, but I also know I don't have the time nor the money to get started in doing my own reloading. I'd rather just buy the ammo when i need it for the range. I planned to hit the NRA range tomorrow night so all 200 round i bought today will be used then. I dont hoard or buy just to buy.
    FYI, NRA range doesn't seem to have ammo shortage, at least as far as 9mm is concerned. I was there on Sunday night, just an hour before closing, and they had a lot of 9mm in stock. I had some of Walmart WWB from my reserve, but decided to buy and shoot their Federal FMJ for $11 a box since they had it, and not tap into my modest reserve...

Post imported post

Post imported post

Or, on the other hand (and try to stay with me here) they all feel like many and that is that they will need every one of those rounds to defend against what's on the not-so-distant horizon.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    Since when does the United State Imperial Army use .308 and 7.62x39?

.223 and 5.56 NATO, sure. 9MM Parabellum, maybe.

45, 22, 357? No way in hell. These calibers are also disappearing.
    .308 is a standard NATO caliber. Soare .45 ACP,.357 Mag and .38 Special. When I was in SF, we were also issued AKM's and PK and DP Machine Guns chambered for 7.62x 39.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

peter nap wrote: Thanks for providing the service. I just posted three entries at that link.

Post imported post

spitfyr wrote:
    peter nap wrote: Thanks for providing the service. I just posted three entries at that link.

Thanks Spitgyr. I'll leave it unlocked with no registration as long as I can. Sooner or later the teenage nymphs and Amoxicillin folks will find it though!

I haven't looked at it today, I went Bar hunting Had a good day!

Post imported post

Was at Gilbert's Range today. They were limiting customers to ONE box of ammo due to them not having enough...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast