Thread: awesome OC experience...

Post imported post

i was up payson canyon pannin for gold (actually found a flake in 2 pans worth of dirt lol) and it was gettin cold, so i walked back up to the van (this was just 2 days ago) and i see a sherriff truck pullin up... "You guys okay?" he said. "yeah! just doin a little gold pannin!" showed him the little sucker-bottle full of black sand i had. i had on my .357 western rig on, you can see the ammo on that thing a mile away lol! he didnt say ONE word about it either! maybe its my amazingly good american looks and a shaved head? but i actually had forgotten my wallet at home that day because i put shorts on to get in the water (freakin cold water too guys) and i wouldnt have been able to give up ANY ID had he asked for it... so yeah, good OC experience! i wonder if he didnt say anything because i was up the canyon where its more dangerous?

Post imported post

Maybe after my run in with the Utah County Sheriffs at the county fair, they told all of the deputies not to worry about open carry!

Or maybe he knows the law, and respects individual rights! :celebrate

You would not need to show ID anyways if he asked for it.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

HAH i shall no longer carry an ID with me. naw im just kiddin, i should always carry an ID... hey kev go on skype, im bored as crap! remember i dont have a job, or a life lol

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    i should always carry an ID
    Why? It's not required. Just have a set of dog tags made with your name and address on them. You know, in case we need to identify your body.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

LMAO! tru dat! do navy dudes get dogtags? cause i wanna look official too!!! u cool army guys get real camo, navy dudes only get blue camo stuff they cant even wear to restaurants and stuff, they have "rules" against it!!! that sucks man! guess i would have to stick with "crackerjacks" right? how weird would that be seein a sailor in the middle of utah?

Post imported post

funny story about the Navy. Just yesterday at the D-FAC, I saw what at first appeared to be a full bird colonel in his ACUs, but the rank looked funny, and i noticed that there was an upside down chevron under the eagle.

Well when i saw him the second time, i noticed that his name tape had US Navy on it. apparently some Navy are wearing ACUs now.

State Researcher

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    b1ack5mith wrote:
    i should always carry an ID
    Why? It's not required. Just have a set of dog tags made with your name and address on them. You know, in case we need to identify your body.
    Some of the OC folks in Virginia will engage in what they call "sterile carry" in which they OC with ZERO legal ID on them. This makes it impossible for them to give ID if asked. They can give a name and address, but simply have no id to provide.

There might be laws about giving your name if a cop has reason to question you. But unless you are driving a car, I'm not aware of any laws that require you to carry ID on your person, just yet.

That said, it is prudent to have some form of ID on you just in case you are injured and unable to ID yourself. Dog tags, or a business card in your shoe might be a good idea.

Or maybe a concealed carry permit just to speed things along in case a cop does decide to demand id and some proof you are over 18 and legally in possession of the handgun.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

but what about driving? do you NEED a license on you for that? or can you just tell them your name and address?

Post imported post

53-3-217. License to be carried when driving motor vehicle -- Production in court -- Violation.
    (1) (a) The licensee shall have his license certificate in his immediate possession at all times when driving a motor vehicle.
    (b) A licensee shall display his license certificate upon demand of a justice of peace, a peace officer, or a field deputy or inspector of the division.
    (2) It is a defense to a charge under this section that the person charged produces in court a license certificate issued to him and valid at the time of his citation or arrest.
    (3) A person who violates Subsection (1)(a) is guilty of a class C misdemeanor.

Centurion

Post imported post

And I haven't found a requirement in Utah's concealed carry laws that REQUIRE one to have the state issued card in one's possession when carrying... ONLY THAT A CWP BE ISSUED TO YOU!
    JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

so we DO need our license... o well lol

Centurion

Post imported post

Drivers Licence in one'simmediatepossessionONLY IF DRIVING.

CWP must be issued by State but there is NO REQUIREMENT to have it in one's immediate possession when exercising the priviledges confered by said CWP.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

wow. you guys sure are showing the man!

State Researcher

Post imported post

fedup wrote:
    Troll alert.

A new account and 6 posts and most of them seem at least implicitly hostile to exercise of one's rights.

How about the courtesy and courage of an introduction fedup? Maybe let us know why you are here? And what your general view of life is?

Charles Hardy
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

--Marxist.org

Post imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
    fedup wrote:
    Troll alert.

A new account and 6 posts and most of them seem at least implicitly hostile to exercise of one's rights.

How about the courtesy and courage of an introduction fedup? Maybe let us know why you are here? And what your general view of life is?

Charles Hardy
    Why I am here.....hmmm.

'First cause I support gun rights.

Second, cause I am sad about the negative view I perceive the public has about Open Carry gun nuts.

Third, Im getting the feeling that many of us contribute to the negative image by our own actions.

How would you define a troll?

Is it someone that does not agree with you?

thats how it appears.

Post imported post

How do you believe the public views OCers?

Post imported post

pretty much as anti government/anarchist/ or constitutionalextremists.

and that troubles me.

Post imported post

Hmmm, I guess if it's extremist to believe that we should not use the constitution as toilet paper, then I guess constitutional extremist would be accurate.

As far as anti government, and anarchist, I can definitely see some members that definitely come across that way. They trouble me as well.

Though some members are not so, anti government, as much as they are fed up with the way it is being run, and want to take some extreme measures rather than use the processes in place to make the changes.

A member on another forum has a saying in his sig line that I believe we all need to take to heart.

Four boxes protect our liberty, soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Use in that order starting now.

Post imported post

fedup, you have a right to your own opinion... and so do we. goodbye

no need to reply to this, I have already said goodbye

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

fedup wrote:
    pretty much as anti government/anarchist/ or constitutionalextremists.

and that troubles me.
    I have a don't tread on me flag - check
    I am a libertarian, constitutionalist or other third party - check
    Supported Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin or other third party - check
    Anti Abortion - check
    Ever posted or participated in an online chat or forum - check
    Support the constitution - check

Oh crap I must be an anti government extremist.

Post imported post

Oh crap I must be an anti government extremist.

Nope- Possible dsomestic terrorist or militia memberhttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...litia-members/

That's the new speak.

Post imported post

I guess I might be one of them there extremists too. My sig on another forum is

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate.

Post imported post

count me in, im one too

State Researcher

Post imported post

fedup wrote:
    utbagpiper wrote:
    fedup wrote:
    Troll alert.

Charles Hardy
    Why I am here.....hmmm.

'First cause I support gun rights.

Second, cause I am sad about the negative view I perceive the public has about Open Carry gun nuts.

Third, Im getting the feeling that many of us contribute to the negative image by our own actions.

How would you define a troll?

Is it someone that does not agree with you?

thats how it appears.
    If you really think that it appears I believe anyone who doesn't agree with me is a troll, then I have to really question your perception of what the public thinks or feels about those who carry guns (openly or concealed.)

Fact of the matter is, on any given day, upwards of 95% of the general public will not even notice a person openly carrying a gun on his hip. Many of those who do notice will likely make assumptions about the person being a police officer. A few will be uncomfortable and leave the area. A VERY rare person will make a fuss.

At least, this has been my experience and seems to be the experience of all but a few who do carry.

I believe that how one dresses and comports himself while openly carrying will contribute to how he is perceived. The younger guys will get more attention than us fat old men; those who dress in grunge or have body "art" will get more attention than those of us who figure a decent pair of jeans and a polo shirt are plenty casual for all but the most strenuous work or athletic events; the gals get even less grief than well dressed fat old men.

As for my view of a troll, it is a person who makes inflammatory postings that contribute nothing to the debate.

A one line one snipe of "showing the man" or something similar, as I saw you do on SEVERAL threads does NOT advance the debate. It does not make clear what you think is wrong or how it might corrected. They are simply snide comments that any rational man has to KNOW it will be received as hostile and will almost assuredly result in responses.

THAT is the classic definition of a troll: make posts for the sole purpose of getting responses.

And THAT is why I used the term in reference to you.

And I'll be blunt, those who roundly oppose OC, really have no business being here. This IS a pro-OC forum.

If you actually support OC, and would like to contribute something constructive to the debate, you need to do more than troll will one line sniping. EXPLAIN yourself. Explain why something bothers you. Offer some suggestions on what to do differently.

AND, be prepared for people to disagree with you. Freedom is like that.

And you MIGHT start with an introduction. Despite the use of semi-anonymous user-names, most of us really prefer to have some idea of with whom we are corresponding. Unless someone is just a coward, a troll, or overly paranoid, there is really no reason not to make some introductions with at least a first name and city/state of residence.

Charles

--Marxist.org