• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

awesome OC experience...

b1ack5mith

imported post

i was up payson canyon pannin for gold (actually found a flake in 2 pans worth of dirt lol) and it was gettin cold, so i walked back up to the van (this was just 2 days ago) and i see a sherriff truck pullin up... "You guys okay?" he said. "yeah! just doin a little gold pannin!" showed him the little sucker-bottle full of black sand i had. i had on my .357 western rig on, you can see the ammo on that thing a mile away lol! he didnt say ONE word about it either! maybe its my amazingly good american looks and a shaved head? but i actually had forgotten my wallet at home that day because i put shorts on to get in the water (freakin cold water too guys) and i wouldnt have been able to give up ANY ID had he asked for it... so yeah, good OC experience! i wonder if he didnt say anything because i was up the canyon where its more dangerous?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe after my run in with the Utah County Sheriffs at the county fair, they told all of the deputies not to worry about open carry!

Or maybe he knows the law, and respects individual rights! :celebrate

You would not need to show ID anyways if he asked for it. :)

b1ack5mith

imported post

HAH i shall no longer carry an ID with me. naw im just kiddin, i should always carry an ID... hey kev go on skype, im bored as crap! remember i dont have a job, or a life lol

b1ack5mith

imported post

LMAO! tru dat! do navy dudes get dogtags? cause i wanna look official too!!! u cool army guys get real camo, navy dudes only get blue camo stuff they cant even wear to restaurants and stuff, they have "rules" against it!!! that sucks man! guess i would have to stick with "crackerjacks" right? how weird would that be seein a sailor in the middle of utah?

thx997303

imported post

funny story about the Navy. Just yesterday at the D-FAC, I saw what at first appeared to be a full bird colonel in his ACUs, but the rank looked funny, and i noticed that there was an upside down chevron under the eagle.

Well when i saw him the second time, i noticed that his name tape had US Navy on it. apparently some Navy are wearing ACUs now.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
i should always carry an ID
Why? It's not required. Just have a set of dog tags made with your name and address on them. You know, in case we need to identify your body. ;)
Some of the OC folks in Virginia will engage in what they call "sterile carry" in which they OC with ZERO legal ID on them. This makes it impossible for them to give ID if asked. They can give a name and address, but simply have no id to provide.

There might be laws about giving your name if a cop has reason to question you. But unless you are driving a car, I'm not aware of any laws that require you to carry ID on your person, just yet.

That said, it is prudent to have some form of ID on you just in case you are injured and unable to ID yourself. Dog tags, or a business card in your shoe might be a good idea.

Or maybe a concealed carry permit just to speed things along in case a cop does decide to demand id and some proof you are over 18 and legally in possession of the handgun. :)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

53-3-217. License to be carried when driving motor vehicle -- Production in court -- Violation.
(1) (a) The licensee shall have his license certificate in his immediate possession at all times when driving a motor vehicle.
(b) A licensee shall display his license certificate upon demand of a justice of peace, a peace officer, or a field deputy or inspector of the division.
(2) It is a defense to a charge under this section that the person charged produces in court a license certificate issued to him and valid at the time of his citation or arrest.
(3) A person who violates Subsection (1)(a) is guilty of a class C misdemeanor.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

And I haven't found a requirement in Utah's concealed carry laws that REQUIRE one to have the state issued card in one's possession when carrying... ONLY THAT A CWP BE ISSUED TO YOU!
JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Drivers Licence in one'simmediatepossessionONLY IF DRIVING.

CWP must be issued by State but there is NO REQUIREMENT to have it in one's immediate possession when exercising the priviledges confered by said CWP.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

fedup wrote:
wow. you guys sure are showing the man!
Troll alert.

A new account and 6 posts and most of them seem at least implicitly hostile to exercise of one's rights.

How about the courtesy and courage of an introduction fedup? Maybe let us know why you are here? And what your general view of life is?

Charles Hardy

fedup

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
fedup wrote:
wow. you guys sure are showing the man!
Troll alert.

A new account and 6 posts and most of them seem at least implicitly hostile to exercise of one's rights.

How about the courtesy and courage of an introduction fedup? Maybe let us know why you are here? And what your general view of life is?

Charles Hardy
Why I am here.....hmmm.

'First cause I support gun rights.

Second, cause I am sad about the negative view I perceive the public has about Open Carry gun nuts.

Third, Im getting the feeling that many of us contribute to the negative image by our own actions.

How would you define a troll?

Is it someone that does not agree with you?

thats how it appears.

fedup

imported post

pretty much as anti government/anarchist/ or constitutionalextremists.

and that troubles me.

thx997303

imported post

Hmmm, I guess if it's extremist to believe that we should not use the constitution as toilet paper, then I guess constitutional extremist would be accurate.

As far as anti government, and anarchist, I can definitely see some members that definitely come across that way. They trouble me as well.

Though some members are not so, anti government, as much as they are fed up with the way it is being run, and want to take some extreme measures rather than use the processes in place to make the changes.

A member on another forum has a saying in his sig line that I believe we all need to take to heart.

Four boxes protect our liberty, soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Use in that order starting now.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

fedup wrote:
pretty much as anti government/anarchist/ or constitutionalextremists.

and that troubles me.
I have a don't tread on me flag - check
I am a libertarian, constitutionalist or other third party - check
Supported Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin or other third party - check
Anti Abortion - check
Ever posted or participated in an online chat or forum - check
Support the constitution - check

Oh crap I must be an anti government extremist.