Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly Blocks CC in National Parks

Post imported post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines

Judge Blocks Bush Rule Allowing Concealed Weapons in National Parks

" By Del Quentin Wilber Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, March 19, 2009; 5:35 PM

A federal judge today blocked a last-minute rule enacted by President Bush allowing visitors to national parks to carry concealed weapons.
    U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit brought by gun-control advocates and environmental groups. The Justice Department had sought to block the injunction against the controversial rule.
    The three groups that brought the suit -- the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the National Parks Conservation Association and the Coalition of National Park Service Retires -- argued the Bush Administration violated several laws in issuing the rule.
    In her ruling, Kollar-Kotelly agreed that the government's process had been "astoundingly flawed."
    The regulation took effect Jan. 9 and allowed visitors to carry loaded concealed guns into national parks and wildlife refuges. In the past, they had been allowed in such areas only if they were unloaded, stored or dismantled

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Disgusting behavior by the Judge in this case.

Post imported post

Yes, but we knew it was coming as soon as we saw the hyphenated last name of the judge!

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

:X

Post imported post

"The Justice Department had sought to block the injunction against the controversial rule."

Really? How hard did they try? Did they offer SUMMERS V. EARTH ISLAND INSTITUTE __U.S.__ (2009) ?

They have NO Standing to sue for they will suffer no harm

Post imported post

'Looks like I'm forced into a life of daily criminality again! Oh... wait... I don't CC in the Park... (Nobody else does either). I don't CC thru there at all. Where do they get these... 'people'?

Post imported post

Page 43 of the opinion says they did not consider standing!

We don't care about standing, We hate the new Regs

You can't have a case if you don't have an aggrieved party. Summers Supra.

Post imported post

A native New Yorker judge who went to law school in DC in 1968 and has lived and worked there since, has worked for the gov't for 25 of the last 37 years and was appointed to the federal bench by Bill Clinton ruled in favor of infringing 2A rights?? I can't imagine!!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

spy1 wrote:
    Yes, but we knew it was coming as soon as we saw the hyphenated last name of the judge!
    As Lewis Grizzard use to say, "The most dangerous thing in the world is a female lawyer with a hyphneated last name".

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm with Sonora on this one. I feel very fortunate to not have to break the law and CC in a park.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

"argued the Bush Administration violated several laws in issuing the rule. "

I would argue the original rule the Bush decision overturned is null and void because it violates the 2a.

How can we be restricted from exercising a constitutional right on property we own?

Post imported post

Has anyone seen that movie there will be blood?

Oops! Wrong thread, wrong forum................
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

Judge Kotelly we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You weep for Obama and the Brady's. You have that luxury. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

We use words like Natural Rights, Allegiance, Protection, Life and Liberty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a Judge who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom our founding FATHERS provided, then questions the manner in which they proscribed it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think.

Centurion

Post imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
    Judge Kotelly we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You weep for Obama and the Brady's. You have that luxury. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

We use words like Natural Rights, Allegiance, Protection, Life and Liberty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a Judge who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom our founding FATHERS provided, then questions the manner in which they proscribed it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think.
    Great unattributed quote from the Movie, A Few Good Men, as spoken the the actor Jack Nicholson. Unfortunately, Mr. Nicholson's character in the movie was guilty of violating the law.

We want those not guilty of violation who have been denied their rights... but I preach to the chior.

JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

Check out her wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Kollar-Kotelly

Pay close attention to the random words that have capitol letters in them.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Activist Member

Post imported post

So this means anyone concealing in a park w/ a permit is now a regulation violator?

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:

I generally find such edits in Wikipedia annoying but I have to admit that this time I LOL. The edit adding "Generally regarded as completely incompetent, and enjoys legislating from the bench" was removed but this change was apparently subtle enough that it has not yet been caught.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Centurion

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:

I find such manipulation and concealed communications OFFENSIVE. I don't suggest that you were in fact the individual that did such editing.

I may disagree with her on philisophical, moral, ethical, political, or on many other basis but I will not stoop to name calling.

If I have stooped to name calling in the past, I apologize for such behavior.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

I just had the sickening realization that U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly could possibly be nominated for SCOTUS during Barry's presidency...

Post imported post

No NAU wrote:
    I just had the sickening realization that U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly could possibly be nominated for SCOTUS during Barry's presidency...
    Maybe that's what she is doing here, padding the resume...

TFred

Post imported post

So it may be a mute point for carrying but I wonder if the "astoundingly flawed" argument would work against the lead ban? Some of us do still fish in the parks. I wish people would get control of their raging paranoid emotions long enough to listen to just a bit of reason. Never mind, won't happen.

Post imported post

Am I the only one who agrees with this moron.

The process was flawed, when they couldn't get anyone to argue for keeping the ban
    at the puplic hearings, they just ignored the law and said they would keep it open
    for more input.

Looks like we found Ruth B. Ginsburg replacement nominee.:celebrate:celebrate

We need an icon that throws up!

Just realized. How many federasl parks are in her 2nd district? I'm
    in the 11th circut so it doesn't apply to me as long as I stay out of her parks.

Post imported post

HUH. She was hired by the DOJ under Nixon's first term, then went to be the chief lawyer of the City nuthouse. Then Reagan gave her the DC city court, and she got her Federal appointment from BJ Clinton BUT no less a conservative than BILL RENHQUIST appointed her to head the Foriegn Intelligence Suveillance court??

Sounds to me like a judge who will rule with the prevailing political winds at the time of the case, and has only her own advancement (and not justice or even partisanship or ideology) as her driving force.

Post imported post

Thatguy Workman comes out swinging with bare knuckles in his latest Seattle Gun Rights Examiner column, with links to all the other Examiners weighing in on this case.

http://tinyurl.com/parksCCW
    and if that doesn't work, try this:

http://www.examiner.com%2Fx-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner%7Ey2009m3d20-Blocking-CCW-in-national-parks-helps-antigunners-suppress-the-truth

Post imported post

One of the leftist enviro nazi groups who brought the injunction up to the Sally Jessie Raphial clone said there main objection to our CC in national parks was based oin enviornmental issues, the temptation for us who CC to "poach protected animal".

So let me get this straite , I go thru all the hassle to be a lawful gun owner and now I am thought of as bubba red neck sitting around my tent and I am going to shoot a deer, a bear or a little tweety bird while relaxing in the picnic ground with a magnum in one hand and bottle of whickey in thee other according to the enviroNazi

So my brain has been scanned as as a future game thief & criminal because I have a lawful gun.

The thought police have us nailed I mean after all , if I were to CC on a collage campus I would be tempted to shoot all the unarmed students, right, I mean hell a collage campus is a kind of game preserve for humans , NOT . :X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast