• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly Blocks CC in National Parks

chiefjason

imported post

So it may be a mute point for carrying but I wonder if the "astoundingly flawed" argument would work against the lead ban? Some of us do still fish in the parks. I wish people would get control of their raging paranoid emotions long enough to listen to just a bit of reason. Never mind, won't happen.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Am I the only one who agrees with this moron.

The process was flawed, when they couldn't get anyone to argue for keeping the ban
at the puplic hearings, they just ignored the law and said they would keep it open
for more input.

Looks like we found Ruth B. Ginsburg replacement nominee.:celebrate:celebrate

We need an icon that throws up!

Just realized. How many federasl parks are in her 2nd district? I'm
in the 11th circut so it doesn't apply to me as long as I stay out of her parks.

Alexcabbie

imported post

HUH. She was hired by the DOJ under Nixon's first term, then went to be the chief lawyer of the City nuthouse. Then Reagan gave her the DC city court, and she got her Federal appointment from BJ Clinton BUT no less a conservative than BILL RENHQUIST appointed her to head the Foriegn Intelligence Suveillance court??

Sounds to me like a judge who will rule with the prevailing political winds at the time of the case, and has only her own advancement (and not justice or even partisanship or ideology) as her driving force.

SteveInAshand

imported post

One of the leftist enviro nazi groups who brought the injunction up to the Sally Jessie Raphial clone said there main objection to our CC in national parks was based oin enviornmental issues, the temptation for us who CC to "poach protected animal".

So let me get this straite , I go thru all the hassle to be a lawful gun owner and now I am thought of as bubba red neck sitting around my tent and I am going to shoot a deer, a bear or a little tweety bird while relaxing in the picnic ground with a magnum in one hand and bottle of whickey in thee other according to the enviroNazi

So my brain has been scanned as as a future game thief & criminal because I have a lawful gun.

The thought police have us nailed I mean after all , if I were to CC on a collage campus I would be tempted to shoot all the unarmed students, right, I mean hell a collage campus is a kind of game preserve for humans , NOT . :X

SteveInAshand

imported post

One of the leftist enviro nazi groups who brought the injunction up to the Sally Jessie Raphial clone said there main objection to our CC in national parks was based oin enviornmental issues, the temptation for us who CC to "poach protected animal".

So let me get this straite , I go thru all the hassle to be a lawful gun owner and now I am thought of as bubba red neck sitting around my tent and I am going to shoot a deer, a bear or a little tweety bird while relaxing in the picnic ground with a magnum in one hand and bottle of whickey in thee other according to the enviroNazi

So my brain has been scanned as as a future game thief & criminal because I have a lawful gun.

The thought police have us nailed I mean after all , if I were to CC on a collage campus I would be tempted to shoot all the unarmed students, right, I mean hell a collage campus is a kind of game preserve for humans , NOT . :X

Alexcabbie

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:

Actuallly as it stands a college campus - or an elementary or high school - or a restaurant or store where the owners or the law prohibits carry - IS EXACTLY A GAME PRESERVE FOR HUMAN PREY. The Antis like to say that laws against murder are not useless simply because people still murder, and therefore should not be done away with; and that in the same vien laws against guns are not useless simply because criminals still will have and obtain firearms.

But denying the access to self-protection via anti-gun laws ENABLES the criminal in a way that the homicide statutes do not. And it is useless to try to drum it into the Anti's thick skulls, because creating these "soft targets" is EXACTLY what the Antis have in mind; so as to increase our dependence upon the "authorities" and grant them ever more control over we peasants. These scum do not give a rat's ass about you, your family, or anyone else's kids besides their own. A dead citizen serves them well in providing a bloody shirt to wave as they seek to deny We The People one of the two things they fear most: an armed citizenry and a truly free Press.

2a4all

imported post

Blocking the previous administration's rule allowing CC in National Parks. Hmm.

Right along with our own (Virginia's) Guv who just overrode his predecessor's directive allowing OC in State Parks.

Could it be that The Guv will now veto the (Virginia's) "Restaurant Concealed Carry" bill?

Perhaps the dems aren't so election-shy after all.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I was just downstairs in the Italian joint talking to some like-minded neighbors about the possible - nay probable - nay, near-certain results should the DemonRatz maintain control of both houses in 2010. There were several tables occupied by people who were obviously of liberal-scmiberal bent, and (as my voice really carries) were shaken up by what they heard.

The spectacle of these Roland-Freisler style congressional hearings and the vote to target 75 individuals for collecting money they were promised in a contract by means of a confiscatory, ex-post-facto bill of attiainder is starting to register with voters. I am beginning to think that an armed defense may be needed against loosely organized bands of street goons seeking to intimidate the public and quench dissent even before the election. We are starting to see some of this thuggery directed against the AIG 75 and it isn't pretty.

Right now in Virginia we have a Primary campaign underway to see who will be the next DemonRat candidate for Governor. The schvanze-breath who rented out his house to the Ubamanistas is now showing his hospitality to the abominable carpet-bagger Terry McAuliffe (oh PLEASE tell me he isn't related to General McAuliffe of "NUTS!" fame) Who the Ratz put up as candidate for Governor of Virginia will tell us a lot about their estimate of their congressional chances.

These truly are the "interesting times" of the ancient Chinese curse.....

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Now would be good time to bring up Heller in this mess. The plaintiffs lack standing to bring the suit, and even if they did have standing, the environmental impact study is irrelevant because the regulation infringes upon an individual right to keep and bear arms and the agency must conform their regulations to federal law.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I was just downstairs in the Italian joint talking to some like-minded neighbors about the possible - nay probable - nay, near-certain results should the DemonRatz maintain control of both houses in 2010. There were several tables occupied by people who were obviously of liberal-scmiberal bent, and (as my voice really carries) were shaken up by what they heard.

The spectacle of these Roland-Freisler style congressional hearings and the vote to target 75 individuals for collecting money they were promised in a contract by means of a confiscatory, ex-post-facto bill of attiainder is starting to register with voters. I am beginning to think that an armed defense may be needed against loosely organized bands of street goons seeking to intimidate the public and quench dissent even before the election. We are starting to see some of this thuggery directed against the AIG 75 and it isn't pretty.

Right now in Virginia we have a Primary campaign underway to see who will be the next DemonRat candidate for Governor. The schvanze-breath who rented out his house to the Ubamanistas is now showing his hospitality to the abominable carpet-bagger Terry McAuliffe (oh PLEASE tell me he isn't related to General McAuliffe of "NUTS!" fame) Who the Ratz put up as candidate for Governor of Virginia will tell us a lot about their estimate of their congressional chances.

These truly are the "interesting times" of the ancient Chinese curse.....
The street goons may not be that far off. Pray tell exactly what is the purpose of this idea? http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92288

Alexcabbie

imported post

I just finished reading "the Turner Diaries" for the first time a couple days ago. I had dismissed most of it as a paranoid rant by insane White Supremacists.

Now this new evidence of the incipient formation of the Diaries' "human Relations Council" paramilitary squads.

I cannot help but think of Sampson, who woke up too late, shorn of his power. For right now we must ALL be certain to vote in EVERY ELECTION no matter how small, because the abominations in high places NOW started out in local and municipal offices. The unease I feel today is only comparable to that I felt growing up in the Midwest at that certain slant of light that signalled a supercell storm that could produce a tornado.

The Donkey

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I just finished reading "the Turner Diaries" for the first time a couple days ago. I had dismissed most of it as a paranoid rant by insane White Supremacists.

Now this new evidence of the incipient formation of the Diaries' "human Relations Council" paramilitary squads.

Stick with your first impulse!

This string is a story about how judges make mistakes.

The more recent posts are about how outrageous conduct sometimes yields outraged, and quite possibly unconstitutional, legislation.

Deep breaths, please. Don't start going all Turner Diaries on us now.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Ever read "The Turner Diaries", Donk?? It was written by a racist lunatic, true enough; but there is truth in those pages, and if what I call "the Day" ever comes it will look something like that book, and we will be sooner or later be fighting heavily armed and organized neo-Fascist loons. This is why I keep saying that we MUST defeat the Ubamanistas in the 2010 mid-terms.Even a Democrat such as yourself surely realizes that Obama and the Left really pulled the wool over the eyes of a lot of people. I invite you to examine my analysis of the "Bonus Hearings" on my blog at http://wwwdailypoop.blogspot.com go head and leave a comment, I had required identification but now I just opened it up to all comers.

By the way if you dont understand my reference to Roland Friesler, look him up on You Tube. You will see why I compared the hearings to his courtroom.

KBCraig

imported post

hlh wrote:
How can you block a rule that's already in force?
In another thread on this subject, I pointed out that an injunction, by definition, enjoins a party or parties from performing a particular action. The Rule in question is permissive, not restrictive. So by issuing the injunction, the judge has enjoyed the NPS from... what? Not banning legal concealed carry?

Does not compute.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Oh yeah, Baccus. that reminds me there wa an article in the Post about the gun amendment to the vote bill and the Antis are kvetching because they wouldn't HAVE majorities in either house if most of the new Dems hadn't run to the right on guns. Nice to see a few Dems who know what's good for em. Heh Heh Heh.:cool: