• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How much was your concealed permit?

hometheaterman

imported post

As the title says how much was your concealed permit? I'm reading on the VA Sate Police website that they may charge this fee or that fee of no more than a certain amount and that the total can't be more than $50 which is what they charge here. It just has a lot of may charge but not more than a certain amount. Do all counties charge this? A buddy in another county said he thought his was only $15. I'm wondering if he is just forgetting or does it vary by county?

hometheaterman

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I'm assuming this is a joke? If not, how was it that when the VA state police site says it can not be more than $50.

Thanks for the help though guys.

hsmith

imported post

AJG wrote:
Jeez... he didnt ask how much your "TRAINING" was. ////

You cannot get a permit without this requirement, so my permit was $150.

If I add in my bill rate for the time I took out of my day to take any course (even a free one), it would be a lot more than that :p

hsmith

imported post

AJG wrote:
so you figure in your bill rate when you fill your gas tank or buy groceries also?

Sorry, I find the entire tax scheme around being able to conceal carry a bit insane. Some classes are free, mine wasn't. The total for me to get my permit all together was $150.

Sorry I have an issue of paying a tax to protect myself.

Also I had to go to court because some jack booted judge tried to deny my permit thanks to him being unable to read the statute. I had to sit there for three hours while all the criminals got to go first, then I had to go beg for my "right" to pay the self defense tax. So yes, I am more than glad to figure how much money I lost due to figuring out how much my tax receipt (permit)cost me in total

hometheaterman

imported post

Well, we called the county next to us where the buddy got his which he claims for $15. When we called they told us they were $15 too. We own property there but they told us even though we owned property there since we didn't live there we had to go through they county we lived in. Why the heck is that county $15 and our county right next to it $50. Seems like a rip off.