• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pulled over

superdemon

imported post

Citizen wrote:
superdemon wrote:
It does not violate your rights, as you do not have a right to drive in KY. In KY, driving isa privilige granted by the state.

Did you know you don't own your operator's license in the Commonwealth? That is what gives me the right to take it from you.

Additionally, it does save other people's lives, we will go into it if you want.
Suggested edit:

Kentucky some time ago violated the right of the people to freely travel by instituting a licensing scheme and then, in order to justify said scheme, claimed driving was a privilege granted by the state. (Nevermind that the state can't grant a privilege that didn't already exist as a right insofar as the state derives its power from the people.) The real question is, "Who is dumb enough to accept or believe literally the current legal construct?"

Well, seeing as how I choose not to interpret KY law, or attempt to put some sort of political spin on established legal principle, your suggested edit will not be used at this time.

You can still (and always have been) freely travel in the Commonwealth. If you want to do it on state owned roads, however, you will do so in the manner prescribed by the Commonwealth. You are welcome to walk, saunter, sashay, amble, or otherwise travel freely.

And your cirvular logic about the state not being able to grant a privilige that didn't already exist as a right insofar as the state derives it's power from the people...

I'm pretty sure that at the time KY became a Commonwealth, vehicles and automobile travel were not even thought of as a possibility. KY law, in reflecting the will of the people who legislate those laws, decided that driving was inded, aprivilige, and it would be administered as such.

If you don't believe the "current legal construct", I suppose you believe the legal construct of the original founders of the Constitution, who granted to the people the right to own slaves, keep women from voting, etc. Yes, lets not let the "current legal construct" reflect the actual modern world.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

superdemon wrote:
Citizen wrote:
superdemon wrote:
It does not violate your rights, as you do not have a right to drive in KY. In KY, driving isa privilige granted by the state.

Did you know you don't own your operator's license in the Commonwealth? That is what gives me the right to take it from you.

Additionally, it does save other people's lives, we will go into it if you want.
Suggested edit:

Kentucky some time ago violated the right of the people to freely travel by instituting a licensing scheme and then, in order to justify said scheme, claimed driving was a privilege granted by the state. (Nevermind that the state can't grant a privilege that didn't already exist as a right insofar as the state derives its power from the people.) The real question is, "Who is dumb enough to accept or believe literally the current legal construct?"

Well, seeing as how I choose not to interpret KY law, or attempt to put some sort of political spin on established legal principle, your suggested edit will not be used at this time.

You can still (and always have been) freely travel in the Commonwealth. If you want to do it on state owned roads, however, you will do so in the manner prescribed by the Commonwealth. You are welcome to walk, saunter, sashay, amble, or otherwise travel freely.

And your cirvular logic about the state not being able to grant a privilige that didn't already exist as a right insofar as the state derives it's power from the people...

I'm pretty sure that at the time KY became a Commonwealth, vehicles and automobile travel were not even thought of as a possibility. KY law, in reflecting the will of the people who legislate those laws, decided that driving was inded, aprivilige, and it would be administered as such.

If you don't believe the "current legal construct", I suppose you believe the legal construct of the original founders of the Constitution, who granted to the people the right to own slaves, keep women from voting, etc. Yes, lets not let the "current legal construct" reflect the actual modern world.

Good rhetorical points; but a little dated and a little statist.

Why not come over to the side of the angels? :)

Here is a not-bad place to start:

http://www.lysanderspooner.org/notreason.htm

smoking357

Banned

kyboyy

imported post

it was dark. it was like midnight... he was in a parking lot on the side of the road. i passed him doing the speedlimit 35mph. didn't really care to argue, it's only $25 and it is the law lol. whether i like it or not i cannot change it. just glad he was a cool cop. most of the ones i encounter are d***s. There are some really cool ones around here, really great ones. some just take advantage of their power and don't know as much about the laws they swore to protect.

no really sure where i plan to move. just anywhere but here. Wanting to go to Florida or Louisiana.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kyboyy wrote:
it was dark. it was like midnight... he was in a parking lot on the side of the road. i passed him doing the speedlimit 35mph. didn't really care to argue, it's only $25 and it is the law lol. whether i like it or not i cannot change it. just glad he was a cool cop. most of the ones i encounter are d***s. There are some really cool ones around here, really great ones. some just take advantage of their power and don't know as much about the laws they swore to protect.

no really sure where i plan to move. just anywhere but here. Wanting to go to Florida or Louisiana.
Stay out of Florida. They have lots of gun stores, and lots of people own guns, but they have no idea how to shoot, and there is little competitive shooting. With few exceptions, such as Ocala Armory, the gun stores employees know every little about shooting. The gun owners are very opposed to open carry. It's a bunch of New Yorkers who are tickled that they get to own guns, but they don't want to go any further than that.

You're in a much better gun climate with far more knowledgable shooters.

Lousiana? Dude, they have some of the MOST abusive cops, and they have over 1% of their adult population in jail.

If you're into guns, you're stuck with Kentucky or Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. The United States isn't what it was, my friend.

kyboyy

imported post

i just wanna go somewhere that it's warm all year around lol. the only reason i want to go to Louisiana it to work on an oil rig, it's great money lol.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kyboyy wrote:
i just wanna go somewhere that it's warm all year around lol. the only reason i want to go to Louisiana it to work on an oil rig, it's great money lol.
I hear ya', but a little bit of snow is nice, and you'll miss the leaves changing.

It's amazing how many people here want to retire to Tennessee.

kyboyy

imported post

Yeah, I just have a lot of bad memories here. I hate the cold lol. I wanna go somewhere warm. I wanna be able to take a cruise on my bike in January. Not have to worry about snow and none of that. There aren't any jobs here that are worth a damn.