• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD, CA Open Carry Article

giaking70

imported post

"Last month, about 40 people gathered at Mission Beach wearing unloaded guns on holsters. Panicked beach goers called police but no one was arrested because carrying unloaded firearms is legal in California".

If I remember correctly, the police were invited, not called by panicked beach goers like the article says. The power of the media twisting a what could of been a great story. But, there was nothing even remote in the article that was worth reading. There was no depth to the article. I think the author needs to go back to school and learn to write....

I was there and had a great time, hope we can do it again....:)

Edward Peruta

imported post

To whoever cares:

What everyone seem to forget, andall the articles do not mention, is the fact that these 40 (plus or minus)law abiding citizens would most likely have carriedconcealed ifSan Diego or county of their residence had followed the provisions of the California Penal Code and issued more permits to carry concealed with less hassles.

Better yet, if allapplicatons for permits to carry concealed were processed and issued, (or denied),according to the law, there may never have beena gathering.

To every action their is a reaction, and in this casepeople have chosen to exercise theRIGHT to carry openly because PERMITED rights to carry concealed are being denied.

Ifor onewould chose to carry concealed over open carry, but will open carryas a last resort.

Inow intend to request IN WRITING, permission from the San Diego County Education department permission to carry openly and unloadedwithinall San Diego school zonesWITH THE EXCEPTION OF SCHOOL PROPERTY.

In my planned contact with San Diego School officials, I intend as part of my request, to inform them that I haveNO desire to carry concealed or openly ON school property, but feel that permission to carry while driving, walking or standing nearK-12 schools while onpublic roads and sidewalks should be permitted by individuals who have the right to carry.

I for one would challenge any member of law enforcement or District Attorney to identify the location of every school which is subject to this provision of the law, and if they can't it proves a point.

There is no way I'm going to know every time I enter a school zone.

More on this in the near future, need to talk to several individuals first.

giaking70

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
To whoever cares:

What everyone seem to forget, andall the articles do not mention, is the fact that these 40 (plus or minus)law abiding citizens would most likely have carriedconcealed ifSan Diego or county of their residence had followed the provisions of the California Penal Code and issued more permits to carry concealed with less hassles.

Better yet, if allapplicatons for permits to carry concealed were processed and issued, (or denied),according to the law, there may never have beena gathering.

To every action their is a reaction, and in this casepeople have chosen to exercise theRIGHT to carry openly because PERMITED rights to carry concealed are being denied.

Ifor onewould chose to carry concealed over open carry, but will open carryas a last resort.

Inow intend to request IN WRITING, permission from the San Diego County Education department permission to carry openly and unloadedwithinall San Diego school zonesWITH THE EXCEPTION OF SCHOOL PROPERTY.

In my planned contact with San Diego School officials, I intend as part of my request, to inform them that I haveNO desire to carry concealed or openly ON school property, but feel that permission to carry while driving, walking or standing nearK-12 schools while onpublic roads and sidewalks should be permitted by individuals who have the right to carry.

I for one would challenge any member of law enforcement or District Attorney to identify the location of every school which is subject to this provision of the law, and if they can't it proves a point.

put my name on it too....

Decoligny

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
To whoever cares:

There were many of us there who would not. Some of us are simply making a political statement that we think the Government should stay out of our business, and that legally carrying a firearm is our business, not the Government's.

If the government would simply require a background check and then issue a license free of charge/taxation, then I would say sure get the License to Carry Concealed. But, as long as the Government wants to requlate/license/tax the God given right to defend oneself, then I say that I will open carry, and forget about applying for a permission slip from a nanny Government.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The government should beless concerned with open carry and more liberal withconcealed carry by honest individuals.

I'm just a guy who can't stand government officials making their own rules and then defending them when confronted with the real facts.

Public employees should be obligated to obey the law and not their supervisors.

That's why we have courts.

I respect those who are fighting for rights, because that is the only reason I got involved.

I've spent the last two years researching gun rights and involving myself in helping those that don't have the financial resourcesor ability to researchtheir problems.

I'm in it up to my nose on the east coast in Connecticut, and found myself dealing with the issues in California because I maintain a residence in San Diego.

Enough said, stay tuned I'm only getting started.