Thread: Question

Post imported post

What would a person have to do for it to be considered a threat with a gun?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Say that they have one in the 'wrong' forum.

Post imported post

the answer depends on the state you reside in. but, for cops to act on you in NM you have to be considered Armed AND Dangerous. Meaning that the cops have to consider you dangerous to bother you. I learned that one the hard way. Never Consent.

Post imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
    Meaning that the cops have to consider you dangerous to bother you. I learned that one the hard way. Never Consent.
    That sounds like an interesting story. Are you willing to elaborate?

Post imported post

its on the forum. im currently in a lawsuit with the alamogordo DPS. the thread is called .40 cal= 7 cops just search this forum only and it'll come up. enjoy.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    What would a person have to do for it to be considered a threat with a gun?
    Why? Are you having trouble getting someone to take you serious?

Taking your gun out and waving it around usually cause concern. :shock:

Pointing it at someone will definitely get a rise. :what:

Now, with liberals, all you have to do is say "gun", and mass terror may break out.

Post imported post

There is a guy that works where my wife works. One day while I was waiting for her to get off of work, this person came out to accuse me of telling my wife to write him up for violating rules that had to do with health issues. I told him I did not tell her to do it, and that she is the manager and it was her job. My cane fell over and I reached to pick it up and my shirt rode up and all I did was pull my shirt. About a week later I was issued a P.P.O. which meant that I would not be able to carry my gun (I have a CCW),or go on the property to pick my wife up or drop her off at work. I asked for a hearing and the judge ruled in my favor on two of the things that I was not allowed to do, but left three other things, which means I will not be able to re-new my license until the P.P.O. expires in June. He accused me of threatening him with my gun.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    There is a guy that works where my wife works. One day while I was waiting for her to get off of work, this person came out to accuse me of telling my wife to write him up for violating rules that had to do with health issues. I told him I did not tell her to do it, and that she is the manager and it was her job. My cane fell over and I reached to pick it up and my shirt rode up and all I did was pull my shirt. About a week later I was issued a P.P.O. which meant that I would not be able to carry my gun (I have a CCW),or go on the property to pick my wife up or drop her off at work. I asked for a hearing and the judge ruled in my favor on two of the things that I was not allowed to do, but left three other things, which means I will not be able to re-new my license until the P.P.O. expires in June. He accused me of threatening him with my gun.

Sounds like someone needs to become unemployed.

Post imported post

Issued a PPO?

Clarify please?

Thanks.

Post imported post

In Ohio -in theory anyway - being intoxicated, being a prohibited person, making verbal threats, actually brandishing the weapon, actually using the weapon... In practice - having one visible may suffice. Hell, even mentioning that you have one might land you in trouble depending on the circumstances. Some guy was hitting on my girlfriend recently, and rather than just tell the guy that she was attached, she mentioned that her boyfriend carried a gun all the time. Great. I don't even know this guy and now I have to worry about getting ambushed by him and/or the police when I pick her up from work.

-ljp

Post imported post

P.P.O.

Personal Protection Order

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    Issued a PPO?

Clarify please?

Thanks.
    P.P.O.----- Personal Protection Order