• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question

Jizzzle

imported post

the answer depends on the state you reside in. but, for cops to act on you in NM you have to be considered Armed AND Dangerous. Meaning that the cops have to consider you dangerous to bother you. I learned that one the hard way. Never Consent.

Jizzzle

imported post

its on the forum. im currently in a lawsuit with the alamogordo DPS. the thread is called .40 cal= 7 cops just search this forum only and it'll come up. enjoy.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sureshot wrote:
What would a person have to do for it to be considered a threat with a gun?

Why? Are you having trouble getting someone to take you serious?

Taking your gun out and waving it around usually cause concern. :shock:

Pointing it at someone will definitely get a rise. :what:

Now, with liberals, all you have to do is say "gun", and mass terror may break out.

sureshot

imported post

There is a guy that works where my wife works. One day while I was waiting for her to get off of work, this person came out to accuse me of telling my wife to write him up for violating rules that had to do with health issues. I told him I did not tell her to do it, and that she is the manager and it was her job. My cane fell over and I reached to pick it up and my shirt rode up and all I did was pull my shirt. About a week later I was issued a P.P.O. which meant that I would not be able to carry my gun (I have a CCW),or go on the property to pick my wife up or drop her off at work. I asked for a hearing and the judge ruled in my favor on two of the things that I was not allowed to do, but left three other things, which means I will not be able to re-new my license until the P.P.O. expires in June. He accused me of threatening him with my gun.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sureshot wrote:
There is a guy that works where my wife works. One day while I was waiting for her to get off of work, this person came out to accuse me of telling my wife to write him up for violating rules that had to do with health issues. I told him I did not tell her to do it, and that she is the manager and it was her job. My cane fell over and I reached to pick it up and my shirt rode up and all I did was pull my shirt. About a week later I was issued a P.P.O. which meant that I would not be able to carry my gun (I have a CCW),or go on the property to pick my wife up or drop her off at work. I asked for a hearing and the judge ruled in my favor on two of the things that I was not allowed to do, but left three other things, which means I will not be able to re-new my license until the P.P.O. expires in June. He accused me of threatening him with my gun.
Sounds like someone needs to become unemployed.

Legba

imported post

In Ohio -in theory anyway - being intoxicated, being a prohibited person, making verbal threats, actually brandishing the weapon, actually using the weapon... In practice - having one visible may suffice. Hell, even mentioning that you have one might land you in trouble depending on the circumstances. Some guy was hitting on my girlfriend recently, and rather than just tell the guy that she was attached, she mentioned that her boyfriend carried a gun all the time. Great. I don't even know this guy and now I have to worry about getting ambushed by him and/or the police when I pick her up from work.

-ljp