Thread: new here

Post imported post

i am new herejust wanted to say hey.I amwaiting on my ccw permit i been reasing a while about the laws in ms and have learned alot i open carry now but got the permit because i travel to alabama alot

Post imported post

i am new herejust wanted to say hey.I amwaiting on my ccw permit i been rea[d]ing a while about the laws in ms and have learned alot i open carry now but got the permit because i travel to alabama alot

Welcome to OCDO, I sure do love seeing other Mississippians join the forum:celebrate.

You have mea bitconfused:?...Do you currently have a firearms permit (MS version of CC permit)? If not, becareful OCing in MS w/o a permit, even though the supreme law herein MS (MS Constitution) says we can legally OC w/o a permit, a judge has ruled that a holster makes the weapon partially concealed therefore requiring a permit (dead horse).

Now depending on your attitude if/when you are checked, who knows if they will give you a citation or not as most, if not all of the LEOs I've spoken with are very pro 2A, right down to the guy doing the fingerprinting at the MDPS office.

Again, welcome

Post imported post

lol my permit should be in soon and i am aware that i could get in trouble but i am careful to only carry in my hometown and our sheriff is very pro 2a

Post imported post

Ok, cool

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    bigz wrote:
    lol my permit should be in soon and i am aware that i could get in trouble but i am careful to only carry in my hometown and our sheriff is very pro 2a
    And that is EXACTLY how MS government wants it. The good ole boy network is alive and well in MS.
    what exactly do you mean

Post imported post

i never said he knew me i said he is very pro 2A

Post imported post

if you do get in OC trouble before your permit comes, you will lose it.

welcome.