• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new here

bigz

imported post

i am new herejust wanted to say hey.I amwaiting on my ccw permit i been reasing a while about the laws in ms and have learned alot i open carry now but got the permit because i travel to alabama alot

Mississippian

imported post

i am new herejust wanted to say hey.I amwaiting on my ccw permit i been rea[d]ing a while about the laws in ms and have learned alot i open carry now but got the permit because i travel to alabama alot

Welcome to OCDO, I sure do love seeing other Mississippians join the forum:celebrate.

You have mea bitconfused:?...Do you currently have a firearms permit (MS version of CC permit)? If not, becareful OCing in MS w/o a permit, even though the supreme law herein MS (MS Constitution) says we can legally OC w/o a permit, a judge has ruled that a holster makes the weapon partially concealed therefore requiring a permit (dead horse):banghead:.

Now depending on your attitude if/when you are checked, who knows if they will give you a citation or not as most, if not all of the LEOs I've spoken with are very pro 2A, right down to the guy doing the fingerprinting at the MDPS office.

Again, welcome:)

bigz

imported post

lol my permit should be in soon and i am aware that i could get in trouble but i am careful to only carry in my hometown and our sheriff is very pro 2a

bigz

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
bigz wrote:
lol my permit should be in soon and i am aware that i could get in trouble but i am careful to only carry in my hometown and our sheriff is very pro 2a
And that is EXACTLY how MS government wants it. The good ole boy network is alive and well in MS.
what exactly do you mean

imported post

As long as the sheriff knows you, you're ok.
If the sheriff does NOT know you, all bets are off.
I'd much rather the MS "law enforcement community" merely obey their state constitution, article 3 sec 12, no permits required.

bigz

imported post

i never said he knew me i said he is very pro 2A

imported post

I'm from LA. Quite often, I spend time in MS. Even after reading article 3 sec 12 to a sheriff or chief of police, only one in a hundred will understand the right to bear arms, no permit required.
Lots of sheriffs will turn a blind eye to a local carrying, even if he doesn't have a permit. Yes, they are pro 2nd amendment, but also are anti rule of law.
I'd prefer they merely be taught OC is legal, no permit required, end of problem.