Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Tri-Fold Pamphlet

Post imported post

Okay, since I'm currently unemployed and with little else to do during the day I decided to see what kind of OC tri-fold pamphlet I could create. I took my inspiration from similar ones that other states have, namely VA and ID.

I could use everyone's input, advice, criticism, comments and whatever else on everything (layout, content, formatting, etc)....HOWEVER I don't know how to upload a copy for y'all to see

Also I saw that the others are in .PDF format....and that's something else I don't know how to do.

As of right now it's a VERY rough draft and little more than a template for improvements.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

I can convert to PDF format for you. (Heck, I can do just about anything computer related.) Drop me a line if you would like my assistance.

mikealbritton AT aol DOT com

Post imported post

Great idea! I'll be glad to review, suggest ideas, edit, proofread, whatever I can to help. In my mind, based on my recent studying of statutes, legal decisions, etc. I think I have it down to a pretty concise explanation but I might suggest a legal review when it's done.

Gary

Post imported post

albritton77 - Email sent, thanks.

Post imported post

Check your inbox. Has PDF attached.

Post imported post

Okay, here's the first version of the pamphlet.

I had some of the text in different fonts that apparently didn't come through. Not a big deal.

Bring it on everyone, tell me what you think, what should be added, and so on...

Post imported post

Okay, I've posted my 2nd revision of my pamphet as a WORD document, I figured out a way to do the PDF but I lose some of the text formatting (I have a solution to that, I think) but I wanted everyone, or most, to see exactly what I came up with as this progresses.

One of the biggest things I've changed from the original version is with the center and right "pages" on the inside, I've gone ahead and included a "common sense" summary of the law with the CRS code instead of the simplistic presentation it was at first.

One of my ideas was to the have the left page of the inside just a simple overview of where to not carry. The whole blue background was thrown in as an afterthought, lol.

Post imported post

Very kewl. I like it.

Post imported post

Very Nice!! Thanks.

Post imported post

I have what I consider to be a final version DONE!

Changed from my most recent version: I got rid of the huge blue box, and added a bit about reciprocity and duty to notify...aside from that there has only been some minor font changes.

I was expecting more input but I'm still happy with the end result.

Post imported post

NICE. having some issue with my old printer getting a 2 sided print (1 side then the other). they don't line up just right. some cutting on the edges works well, still not just right.

Really nice! I'm taking 3-4 to work with me...some of the guys have been asking questions about this. They know my view. 3 at work do want this.

Post imported post

Very well done. May I take this file to the printer and have some made?

Post imported post

Very well done do you mind if i download and print some out for friends of mine who carry also and to take to the gun ranges. Ed

Post imported post

Please feel free to use the pamphlet at you see fit. I'm not going to claim any copyrights on it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I noticed a typo that has since been fixed.

Post imported post

Thank you,it is so much easier to understand with the information all on page.

Post imported post

PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
    Please feel free to use the pamphlet at you see fit. I'm not going to claim any copyrights on it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I noticed a typo that has since been fixed.

Nice work - would you mind posting the .doc version?

I know it's a nitpick but the aspect ratio of the flag looks off.

Post imported post

Here's the .doc version again.

Post imported post

I was bored again today so I designed a "wallet card" that is a simplified version of the pamphlet I did a couple weeks ago.

It's not a reminder of what to say or not to say to police, just something we can hand out to anyone if we feel like it.

Right now it's just a couple .jpg images and I can tweak the design of it if enough people would like something like this. As before if anyone has anything to offer to improve it I'd be happy to hear it.

Post imported post

And the reverse side

Post imported post

Thank you, thank you, just what I was looking for! Now I need to print a bunch.

Post imported post

"No carry withing 1000' of school property" was repealed, I don't remember how long ago, but check it out.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No, the federal law is still in place. The Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 was struck down as unconstitutional in United States v. Lopez, but the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1996 corrected the language to comply with the SCOTUS.

Post imported post

CJ30-06 wrote:
    "No carry withing 1000' of school property" was repealed, I don't remember how long ago, but check it out.
    You're incorrect...it's a federal law, however a concealed carry permit does allow carry within school zones.
    18 USC 922(q)
    (2)(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
    (B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm -
    (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
    (ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
    "School Zone" is defined in a previous section as being 1000' from the school property.
    18 USC 921(a)
    (25) The term “school zone” means—
    (A) in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or (B) within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...0_I_20_44.html

Post imported post

Great stuff and thanks for doing this PPMM!

However I had a discussion with a couple of FFL's and a lawyer about CCW in Post offices some time ago, and the consensus of a few lawyers was sent to me by email as read below...

OK. Here's what Tony has to say:

"It is a consensus among able attorneys that it is lawful to carry CONCEALED in a U.S. Post Office if you have a lawfully-issued and lawfully-held carry permit issued by a duly-authorized government entity. Open carry in a U.S. Post Office would be in violation of federal law."

Law Offices of Anthony J. Fabian, PC

510 Wilcox St., Suite C

Castle Rock, CO 80104

(303) 663-9339

www.ajfabianlaw.com
    The reasons for my inquiries was because I happened to accidentally walk into a satalite PO which was ajoined to a convenience store. My first reaction was "OH CRAP!, I just walked into a PO with my gun!"
    So my main question was to find out if a satalite PO had jurisdiction over the covenience store.
    Obviously the "consensus" of the attorneys doesn't give any legal precadence, however it was convincing enough for me to not worry about staying concealed while using the PO.

Just some food for thought for everyone, and as usual to err on the side of caution is always the best plan.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This topic was addressed a while back here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/13592.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast